3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Its for the larger TBs like the LS1 or NorthStar TB. I just installed the Intense MAF yesterday.

·
Registered
12 Posts
To expand on what Merc stated, yes, thats an LS1/LS6 MAF for an F body, not an OEM GO MAF. If you were to upgrade TB's and go larger, THEN this would be required. ;)

·
Registered
847 Posts
So, no sense to adapt one of those big MAF to a ported/polished L67 TB?
Wouldnt that make more air to pass tru our stock TB?

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I think Ron Vogel did this. He plugged the hole for the stock MAF and ported the stock throttle body quite a bit . Since he plugged the MAF hole he needed to run a different MAF such as this one. But if your going to use this style MAF Id get the SLP one off INTENSE. Im going to get me one of those after I get my current configuration to work.At least this way you know what it is for ;) ......(unlike the one from somebodys LS1 kit.) :rolleyes:

Hope this helps and that Im right
Scott

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
You would need to get the MAF tables programmed into your PCM using a tuner or sending it to a good company. You could then fine tune with your AFC. And have a scanner too.
HTH
Scott

·
Registered
27 Posts
Beto said:
So, no sense to adapt one of those big MAF to a ported/polished L67 TB?
Wouldnt that make more air to pass tru our stock TB?
I did that over 2 years ago with an LT1 MAF. Worked great w/ a ported TB. Got down to a 13.1-.2 with PEM's/Rockers as the major mods.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Those that are talking about porting their L67 TBs, unless you are outflowing the stock MAF I wouldnt ungrade until you get a bigger TB such as the LS1 or N*.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts