3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my zzp headers are relly close to my fan motor .i knew this when i got them. but i didnt relize just how close it was till they were installed.does anyone know of another 3800 car that has a lowerprofile fan setup.just looking to add some clearence to the headers/fan motor

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
one of the local guys that did headers on his monte mentioned that his Fans were larger than other W bodies, and its becaiuse of the small Grill opening. But you could grab fans off a GTP or Regal GS that are a little smaller

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
im using my original fans with a gtp rad and togs and i still have the heat sheild on the fan motor so its not to bad

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
have

i have a quarter inch clearence from my fans to the headers thats without the shield i have a 04 monte ss

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have have a 2004 Grand Prix and the fan shroud/housing is much larger than the 97-03 GTPs causing less space in the front for headers to fit :icon_twis does this cause the fan motors to burn out? is removing the fan covers the only option :icon_eek:?

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Poly engine mount bushings, full size dog bones, remove the head shield and wrap the header. That's what I had to do. Also wrap the a/c line to the can.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
leave

leave it . your fan motor already is used to the heat for the most part and if it does burn out pick one up at morads for 30 bucks

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Poly engine mount bushings, full size dog bones, remove the head shield and wrap the header. That's what I had to do. Also wrap the a/c line to the can.
...good and sound advice, Brandon! ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
pull the fan assembly out of the car. pull the 3 screws that hold the fan motor to the mount on the drivers side fan motor. go to Home Depot and get 1/8 or 3/16 nylon washers...put them between the fan and the mount, and that will move the fan closer to the radiator and away from the header. make sure the fan blades don't touch the radiator...

·
Super Moderator
370 Posts
Old post reborn (this site likes to trick people into doing that)...

On topic, the 2000's W-bodies got a bigger cooling fan setup that can interfere with headers. The 90's cars had a more open mounting setup that separately attached them to the radiator (I converted the '04 Regal to these when I was test-fitting a header turbo setup 10 years ago, and just switched back to the bigger style for a little more cooling help... never changed from P-logs, so should've always kept them).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts