3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ZZP "GenII - GenV" IC works great! (only scanned with torco so far)

I will need to get in some track passes and some more scans but so far the ZZP IC has allowed me to drop from a 3.25pulley(S2 Cam ~12psi) to a 2.55pulley(XP Cam/IC ~12psi).

·
Banned
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have the stock hood. The IC is actually 2.25" and some interesting things need to be done to make it fit. Look for a kit from ZZP shortly!

Zooom has two new ICs available, the "GenII-GenV" IC and the special "space-age plastic GenII-GenV" IC. I have the non-space-age one.

If you look at my new numbers and the A/F ratio, clearly there is more power to be gained if I tune a curve with the AFC instead of just using the basic across the board settings.

·
Banned
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Same fuel as last time. About 2/3s pump with some torco. I guess that would be about 110 with the amount of torco I put in.

I think a significant difference was the timing being commanded. With the INTENSE pcm it must have been 25+ and with the DHP it was 20-21 and 0KR.

I will definitely get some logs with the 2.8 pulley on 91-93 pump soon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
seriesIIIChump said:
Zooom has two new ICs available, the "GenII-GenV" IC and the special "space-age plastic GenII-GenV" IC. I have the non-space-age one.

which one is supposed to be better and what is the function of "Space-age plastic"? Rich

·
Banned
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You wiill have to ask Zooom about the "space age material" used in that core. It looked too thick to fit easily on an 04 though.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
What did you have to do to the hood? So people with the SLP hood will be SOL?

·
Banned
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know about the SLP hoods. I had to do a few things to get it to fit, I am not sure what ZZp's final kit will include or how they will handle the clearance issues on the 04s.

·
Banned
361 Posts
Did you also add Torco fuel additive? I think I might have read that in your thread from last night.
Yes I wanted to dyno with the setup I will run at the track, anything else seemed silly.

I have done some scans with the 2.8 pulley and the INTENSE pcm on 91pump gas. I saw 0KR with the pcm when it commands 23-25* timing and then when it gets to 26*+ timing I occasionally get a blip of 1-2KR at the shift.

<<negative vendor references deleted>>

I can't wait to get a track time!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
seriesIIIChump said:
I don't know about the SLP hoods. I had to do a few things to get it to fit, I am not sure what ZZp's final kit will include or how they will handle the clearance issues on the 04s.
Back to my original question:
So what did you have to do to make it fit?

·
Banned
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry about that Merc, I will try and aswer your question this time. :cool:

We had to do alot more than ZZP was hoping for... but it fits now.

If you look at the pics on clubgp you can see the alternator was moved. The other problem was the 04Throttlebody being so damn huge. ZZP had some other ideas to get the stupid honking 04Throttlebody to fit but I wanted a quicker/cheaper solution and did not mind if my hood was cut slightly.

The alternator was moved with a pretty cool bracket system so the wire isn't smashed against the back of the supercharger. I will get a pic of the underside of the hood shortly.

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=1882205&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1

Hope that helps, I am almost positive when this kit is released it will provide a clearance solution that does not involve shipping a dremel to notch your own hood! :D

·
Banned
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Here are the results we got with the ZZP IC using both the DHP and INTENSE pcms:
DHP pcm: 20-21*timing - 0KR - 2.55pulley - [email protected] - Best of 3 runs
INTNESE pcm: 25-26*timing - 1-6KR - 2.7pulley - [email protected] - Best of 6 runs

The INTENSE pcm had plenty of time to try and tune the KR out, the DHP was just thrown in. No negative references just plain old data.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts