3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running the ZZP Downpipe with the catalytic converter have any experience with passing emissions? Looking to replace my cat but would hate to be stuck in the same place.

·
Super Moderator
885 Posts
If you have to pass a sniffer, it's not going to work. If you just have to do an OBD2 plug-in that says your computer is happy (like Upstate NY, non-NYC metro), it can work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm based in Arizona, so hopefully the OBD2 should work. Just hoping someone else can confirm this for me.

·
Super Moderator
885 Posts
You can help the rear O2 by either:
A) getting a pcm tune that doesn't care what the signal is from the sensor anymore (2001+ need to leave sensor plugged in, due to an extra test the car runs on itself every few miles... some advanced tuners can deal with this, but it's avoidable by leaving the sensor in-line)
B) use an O2 bung extender (basically spark plug anti-fouler), which sets the sensor a couple inches back from the main stream of the exhaust to sniff less hydrocarbons and be happier without usually needing a tune

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it's official, P0422 popped up again last night. We are gonna go with a stock cat because we need it to pass emissions by next Friday. Thanks for all your help, maybe in the future will I actually put some upgrades on it. On an unrelated note, a high pitched whining noise that follows the RPM started today. My suspicion is the power steering pump as it's been starved once before and it sounded exactly like that. I'll be able to check tonight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts