3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I have installed the ZZP billet fuel lines.
All good but only the connection on the fuel line are leaking
Whats that? How can I seal it?
thanks for your answers
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Composite material

·
Administrator
1,218 Posts
That looks to be a flared hardline connection, so you've got a few choices. You can loosen it, check that both ends are clean, and re-torque it. You can cut off the flare and re-flare the input line, if you're comfortable with double flares. You can email their customer service and ask for suggestions on what they've been seeing (may also help inform them of how many are seeing this, and possibly trigger an improvement). Or, you can buy a better name brand fitting GM quick connect adapter from Summit/Jegs to ensure a good seal.

They've been incorporating more Panda-sourced components in recent years to cut costs, but the lower quality has been creeping through. Saw similar issues with their coilover components (Amazon imports essentially the same parts as those and their "new" fuel components), even though their in-house fabricated parts are still top notch. Also, I'm surprised they went with this type of fuel connection, as it's much less reliable than other -AN ones, although it can be made to work with careful effort and build quality. I have Gen 1 rails which used a billet fitting here that firmly connects to the fitting in a hose end.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your answer
Can you send me a pic of your fuel line connection.
I thought about to change it with a coupler. But I don't know the measures of the thread on the ZZP fuel line the double one. Is this 6 AN or what? If I have this I can work....

·
Administrator
1,218 Posts
I believe they use normal -6AN connections. Mine looks just like the Russell ones (possibly where they sourced them until ~2006 or whenever they started changing their design)...
Cylinder Engineering Automotive lighting Household hardware Auto part

You can see my pics in the post about my Buick in the Turbo section, I believe. I also did a video last summer regarding the same style fitting you have, to connect -6AN line directly to my factory lines down by the frame (which I also need to double-checkcheck for leaks).

·
Administrator
1,218 Posts
Just gotta click the link up top that goes to the forum list (5 lines/dots up top), then scroll to the Turbos section to see my post among the most recent ones.

For now, I'll link it...

Some of the videos while mocking up the new turbo show the rails, along with random angles in some pics. I have more, but haven't sorted anything well on my phone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts