3800Pro Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Likely going to be highest horsepower 3800 supercharged!:)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Waste

Unless your doing a max build for max power and weight reduction then I wouldn’t bother . Plus cast iron heads can take more heat and stress . The more you get the aluminum heads hot the better chance to warp them. Maybe iam wrong but I’ve scrapped more alum heads than cast iron .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Don't know, wonder how much demand for them?

I got one set of alum heads on the "road" (I got the right people together, and they did it.........) Maybe can talk to same people..... These heads, out of the box on a Olds 6Lish engine, decent cam, 3200-3400 lb race weight, comes in at 10.2's.... These heads are roughly 100 hp over highly ported iron heads, in out of the box form (zero, I mean no porting work at all). Needless the say the guy who did them knows cyl head flow well....
in Australia these v6 3800 alloy heads cost $4500 aad on top of that I got cnc portet inlet and exhaust and chambers cc done....cost $2800...just costs money to get horse/power= flow 250cfm at600inlet.....180cfm at 600 exhaust= 460 h/p nateraly aspirated.... any body else got figers ,they don't lie

·
Registered
18 Posts
the tooling costs are astronomical so unless you have a serious customer base you will never make a dime. I wouldn't surprised if money isn't the real issue.

How many 3800 owners wold seriouly drop the $$ on a set? And if you spent $300K on tooling (honestly prob a lot more) how long to break even?

Most people bought 3800's for economy, or economy and perf, and prob aren't willing to drop $2k on a set of heads....Which makes it tough to get something good like a modern killer cyl head.
in Australia they cost $4500 plus porting, my porting cost$2800

·
Registered
18 Posts
Allow head flow

hi, I'm a aussiejust got these v6 3800 alloy heads and they are gatting ported now,will post h/p flow when done cheers....just got my second set of alloy heads they are going on a standard v6 3800 with 1.9 rockers and a terra super charger on lpg.... .120 head gaskets, only doing this because broke a arp head bolt..........got it going with standard alloy heads and standard ports,goes better on lpg and petrol, I think it would of been better if I had them ported[/QUOTE ….. got them ported now inlet flow 250 @600lift... exhaust flows 180 cfm @600 =462 H/POWER

·
Registered
57 Posts
hi,im putting these alloy heads on a 4.2 stroker with a 2.4 whipple supercharger will put up h/p when I get it tuned, should be good,,,,flowed 248cfm inlet= 462 h/p naturaly aspirated and 180 cfm at.600 on the exhaust..can not port them any more .038 wall thickness on push rod wall
Can only imagine that the results will be outstanding but how did you get the Whipple to fit on the 3800 intake manifold? AFAIK they never made a bolt on kit.
Why then do you prefer the Whipple over the larger Eaton M112 Supercharger?

·
Registered
18 Posts
stroked,whippled ,alloy heads

Can only imagine that the results will be outstanding but how did you get the Whipple to fit on the 3800 intake manifold? AFAIK they never made a bolt on kit.
Why then do you prefer the Whipple over the larger Eaton M112 Supercharger?
hi here in Australia yella terra made a adaptor with a intercooller mounted in it to suit air to water.....as for the whipple charger it makes more h/power out of the box...and I use a v8 cooler radiator ….all bolts strait up,,made for it,,,, if you want one get on to yellaterra australia

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Bet the DYNO results would make you happy!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts