3800Pro Forums banner

Yet another Stalker owner

473 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Turbocharged400sbc 
#1 ·
I bought Stalker #53 a couple months ago and have been lurking here for information.

It has been extensively raced and that will be my focus too—time attack and wheel-to-wheel.

The engine appears to be a stock L67 with an L32 blower (3.8 pulley) and the requisite cable throttle body mods.

I took it to a weigh in/dyno day for an upcoming race series.

It put down 243 hp and 295 tq to the wheels.

I am hoping to do an S1X cam, 3.4 pulley, and custom tune in the future to liven it up a bit.

#2 ·
whad she weigh?

with your guys headers i dont think you need an s1x to run a 3.4 at all.
the stock FWD layout exhausts are bad juju and people run 3.4's all day.

with cheapo headers and an S1x you can run a 3.2 pulley on e85 with limited KR on a 34000 lb W body

that s1x, id bet you could bolt on a 3.0 on e85 and have nary a care in the world running decent WOT timing at what 2500lbs?!?!?

#3 ·
q

It was 1710 lbs with heavy 15” wheels/tires.

The car actually came with a 3.4” pulley and an Intense ecu.

I assumed they were for a hotter motor the original owner said he had.

It has long tube headers, so maybe I’ll give it a try, am trying to stay with premium fuel.

My main goal is increased RPMs for higher speed potential in each gear—more HP is a definite bonus.

I am willing to give up HP for reliability.

#4 ·
well your fucked, the 3800 isnt a HP motor....its geometry isnt for that, its optimized for a flat low/midrange Tq curve.....to move big heavy cars.

but, build it for Tq and youll get HP. also even with the biggest cams the engine if figting to breath over 6krpm when the piston acceleration/decel rates work against cylinder filling without a turbo helpuing things along.

adding 1.9 rockers would give you a bump in the curve but the stock cam still falls flat at 5500.

3.55 or 3.27 rear 8.8"? hopefully you have the 3.27 for topend and your weight

that nice Tq curve will be more helpfull than a HP peaky motor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.