·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
mike i like your answers ...

Oh okay a 13.7 is around 99mph..?

With my 3.4 on a cold day with stock plugs I did around 99-100

So that was a 13.7 just with 3.4 pulleley stock plugs

3.1 ulley would i gain 8mph in a 1/4 .. GOod launch street tires. if so thats around 12.9 to low 13's?

If i ran slicks.. Trans would go in 50 million pieices. but low 12's?

·
Banned
887 Posts
mike i like your answers ...

Oh okay a 13.7 is around 99mph..?

With my 3.4 on a cold day with stock plugs I did around 99-100

So that was a 13.7 just with 3.4 pulleley stock plugs

3.1 ulley would i gain 8mph in a 1/4 .. GOod launch street tires. if so thats around 12.9 to low 13's?

If i ran slicks.. Trans would go in 50 million pieices. but low 12's?
this is going to be long...... Well you had the mph for a 13.7 thats correct. See everything is relative... If you put an inter cooler and a pulley and headers on your car the estimation is 8mph. You never know what all that is going to do though, it could only be 5 mph or maybe 12 mph<<unlikely but who knows... You'll need to tune the car before you can assume anything. When i put my headers and rockers on my car it was un-tuned and slower then it was with the stock rockers and manifolds. Once i tuned it (myself of course), old girl woke the hell up. I assume (because i have no proof) that i gained a solid 30-40 whp after all was said and done that including adding the water injection. Lets go ls1 for an example.... My friend had a camaro ss, automatic, with dr's and bone ass bone stock ran a [email protected] He got a converter, gears, and still had the same dr's and ran a [email protected] Almost a full second off the time because of the 60'. it was insane from a 1.9 to a 1.5. Same with our cars, maybe not as dramatic of a difference but a trans with better gearing and a better converter would slash a couple more tenths off. if you can hook good enough you could run a [email protected] It really all starts with the 60'. They say every .1 off the 60' is .2 in the 1/4. All mph shows is hp. I can run a [email protected] like all the supras do lol, all that means is i either can't drive or the car doesn't hook up. Thats why supra's are highway cars because they really aren't that good at 1/4's unless they are auto. Every car is different, every track is different, and every day is different. All you can do is ballpark everything but you are never really going to know until you try it. Get all that stuff on, get it tuned by someone that knows what they are doing, and go to the track. That will be the answer to all of your questions lol and a broken trans hehe jk.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
man that was long i had to take a water break lol..

If i ran dot drag radials. how much improvent in my et?

If a car was stock and somone put slicks. would they hit a et of 100mph and high 13''s.. cold weather

And its depdns on the driver.

Problem with power is to keep it to the ground. Whats would happen is i would spend the tires like crazy ...

going from a 3.8 to 3.1 is that 300 whp? 0 kr?

·
Banned
887 Posts
man that was long i had to take a water break lol..

If i ran dot drag radials. how much improvent in my et?

If a car was stock and somone put slicks. would they hit a et of 100mph and high 13''s.. cold weather

And its depdns on the driver.

Problem with power is to keep it to the ground. Whats would happen is i would spend the tires like crazy ...

going from a 3.8 to 3.1 is that 300 whp? 0 kr?
Drag radials are good get you just the right amount of wheel spin before you break something. A stock gtp might get closer to the 13's with slicks but the mph doesn't change. Adding tires doesn't increase hp. If you spin alot. get better tires.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I went to a junk yard while back. They had couple on grandprix with the same wheels.. I was thinking about getting pair and getting some dot drag raidls..

Thanks sor for for answering my qestions. I never new this is popular lol

·
Banned
887 Posts
Yeah a pair of crappy whatever gm wheels will do fine for a set dr's. Thats what i'm going to do.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Im aussuming is you have money this you can make anything faster..

Im going to get a Inercooler and rockers.. Maybe then i can keep up with my freind GTO.. or maybe beat him.. Have a nice morning.. ..

steve

·
Banned
887 Posts
Im aussuming is you have money this you can make anything faster..

Im going to get a Inercooler and rockers.. Maybe then i can keep up with my freind GTO.. or maybe beat him.. Have a nice morning.. ..

steve
Good choice, you have a fantastic morning as well. And always remember the more money you have the faster you can go lol

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
How much boost can a stock bottom in l67 handle?

NO kr... Stock pcm?

If yu run to much boost will the car start running lean?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Old post but are these 3800 1.9 rockers still available? Seems like an easy install by installing on each cylinder at TDC and then torquing them down.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts