3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may know we have been making a Northstar TB kit comprised of new parts. The only downside to that is cost. It has kept a lot of people from purchasing one. So due to demand from the customer we are now offering a discount on pre-orders for our "used" Northstar TB kits. As usual our kits DO NOT require a core charge and you get to keep your original throttle body to do what you wish with. Pricing isn't firm at this point, but will definitly NOT be higher, we are trying to work on lowering the price even more. IF that happens we will either refund the difference or give you a gift cert. for whatever the difference is.

Preorders will be taken until 12/1/04 although we expect shipping to start in 2-3 weeks. Preorder price is $410 + $10 standard shipping charge. Normal pricing is going to be $450.

You can place your order here: www.winterhalterperformance.com

The kits include:
modified and reconditioned used N* TB
either a new or "take-off" GM 85mm MAF (take-offs might have slight MAF screen damage)
bellows to connect the TB to the MAF
6 stainless steel bolts
5mm Allen wrench
custom adapter plate in 2 sizes (75mm straight through bore or 75mm to 72mm tapered bore for use on stock SC's)
3-wire to 5-wire MAF adapter harness
TPS adapter harness
throttle/cruise cable bracket
RTV

Things you will need to run this TB kit:
Autotap or other scanning device is a MUST
85mm MAF tables installed in PCM, Mini-AFC 2.0 (which you can buy for $140 at the time of pre-order), or PCM editing software. We always recommend use of a Mini-AFC 2.0 on top of just having the MAF tables installed to be able to perfectly tune your setup.

Thanks for your time in reading this and all questions can either be answered here or by emailing [email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, we worked out some deals on a few of the parts in our kit and are now able to put our pre-order price at $389.99. This price will be in effect until 12/01/04.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
768 Posts
with this set-up, would i need to reprogram my pcm? need bigger injectors? anything else needed to be changed or swapped??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,305 Posts
The only thing you will need is something to compensate for the different MAF sensor. Whether that is an AFC 2.0 or some PCM tuning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
768 Posts
I've read the listing for the TB, but didn't understand if the adapter to our blowers is included, or is that a seperate purchase?? they were both listed on one page on your site, so i assumed :rolleyes: you had to purchase both.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Yes it is..

Im in the market now and have explored a number of opprotunities...

I thought I could get an LS1 kit for $400. I forgot the core charge..

How does the LS1 fair up with the Northstarr unit? Which could offer a better idle quality?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
MP112 ROB said:
How does the LS1 fair up with the Northstarr unit? Which could offer a better idle quality?
...and in power for the more modded cars?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,305 Posts
Rob, I think you'll have a better idle quality with the N* kit due to the fact that all the air passageways are unaltered.

Dave, Both the LS1 and N* are pretty much the same design and rough size. I don't think your doing to see any power difference between the two.

Frankie, the adapters are all included. It is a "bolt on kit".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
GP_Pimp said:
Rob, I think you'll have a better idle quality with the N* kit due to the fact that all the air passageways are unaltered.

Dave, Both the LS1 and N* are pretty much the same design and rough size. I don't think your doing to see any power difference between the two.

Frankie, the adapters are all included. It is a "bolt on kit".
Lee you would know this... What needs to be done to make one of these bolt onto the L36? I'm running a ported '98 L67 TB right now and I'm looking to change it to something bigger/better in the spring.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
Well I hooked it up last night. I started it for a short time. Its loud and it was late....So I never got it to idle. Im going out there now to try again and give this crappy PCM time to try and learn this thing.

Question is: Im compensating for big injectors with a 1.0 now. Is there going to be a tuning conflict here....

Im going to have to put a tap an it....If I could get it to idle. Im thinking that it may need the 85mm fuel tables or is it LS1 tables installed to idle properly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
MP112 ROB said:
Well I hooked it up last night. I started it for a short time. Its loud and it was late....So I never got it to idle. Im going out there now to try again and give this crappy PCM time to try and learn this thing.

Question is: Im compensating for big injectors with a 1.0 now. Is there going to be a tuning conflict here....

Im going to have to put a tap an it....If I could get it to idle. Im thinking that it may need the 85mm fuel tables or is it LS1 tables installed to idle properly.
Update: The used NS kit is nice. I have a hood clearence prob now but thats my baby...The idle is much better despite my LTs being off. Near pegged15-16.4 at idle. They drop rapidly at speed 5.8. Im sure I have some slope. Need a PCM.
Anyway, thats tuneing.

My question to Dave is the throttle cable. It doesnt seem to fit/lock in properly and there is some slack in the cable. I havent checked but is there a way to adjust/tighten the throttle cable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
565 Posts
MP112 ROB said:
Hmmmm. Seems like WPI is out of buisness........ :confused:
Dave has been really sick the last couple of weeks... He hasn't been answering his phone, or returning very many phone calls. I'm sure he will again soon...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
JasonGS said:
Dave has been really sick the last couple of weeks... He hasn't been answering his phone, or returning very many phone calls. I'm sure he will again soon...
Hope he feels better. Thanks Jason. I almost put my big fluckin foot in my mouth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,719 Posts
MP112 ROB said:
My question to Dave is the throttle cable. It doesnt seem to fit/lock in properly and there is some slack in the cable. I havent checked but is there a way to adjust/tighten the throttle cable.

Is it the cruise control cable? Because that one can be adjusted, I had to with my LS1 kit.

What kind of hood clearance problems are you having?

Scott
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
scotts99gtp said:
Is it the cruise control cable? Because that one can be adjusted, I had to with my LS1 kit.

What kind of hood clearance problems are you having?

Scott
Naa its the throttle cable...Too fat to lock in the TB arm.

As far as hood clearence...My baby..I got a MP112 on top of a 2" MAP IC with a cheffed SLP hood..Just wont clear the IAC sensor cause of the cocked position of the NS TB...Im fabbing an adapter so I can position the TB staight up so the IAC wont rub on the hood.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Has anyone from the preorder received their throttle body yet? I sent Dave paypal for the preorder over 2 months ago, and have yet to receive one. He hasn't answered any of the emails I send him, and most recently the emails are just coming back undeliverable.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top