3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need pictures from the fsm for pinout for the pcm. Sorry if my replies are a litte gruff i'm used to sites like pirate4x4 and such. Just incase you are wondering I am taking a l67 from 2004 impala ss and putting it into a 1968 jeepster commando. Will be using a fiero trick to manage the shifting electronics as I will be using an ax-15 from a jeep cherokee for transmission. Mounting the fwd in rwd configuration. Jeep originally came with oddfire 225 but rebuild kits are entirely too expensive as much as this engine with pcm and all accessories will be from the junk yard.

While writing i did have another question, is the 2004 impalla a drive by wire vehicle or does it have a traditional throttle cable.

Just for clarification, I am not really looking for opinions about this swap, or mounting it for rwd, or anything like that. Just looking for some facts and diagrams to help me with the swap and any information that could be helpful that I have not addressed. Thanks very much.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Let me find them,I've got them from cloning my 2004 LS to an SS as I was keeping factory correct.

2004 was still the seriesII for impala and is NOT drive by wire.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I was reading on wiki that 2004 have the shorter deck and rods and is lighter is that correct like the series III? Just wondering. Here is the quote from wikipedia:

Also note that Series III engines are the base for any 3800 produced for the 2004 year and up. This means the same block, heads, & connecting rods apply to any remaining Series II engines made after 2004 also. The difference is that Series III engines received the new superchargers (Generation 5 - Eaton m90 - if equipped), intake manifolds, fuel systems, and electronics.

If correct does that mean production year 2003 or model year 2004? Thanks

·
Registered
873 Posts
Couldn't find so just checked alldatapro,can't seem to find Pinout for connectors so just uploaded all the powertrain diagrams.
Hopefully these help,have what you need.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I can only speak to personal experience on an early build 2004 impala LS.
It had the new L26 heads and rods in it.
Can't remember exact build date,pretty sure it was early- if anyone wants exact date I will post it up.
I figured out the heads were new style while measuring exhaust valves to use in place of pitted valves on the L67 rebuild.
Rods are obvious when you see them,block was stamped seriesII though I'm sure.

Pretty sure connectors are stamped C1 and C2,however I always orient with a visual reference-like verifying several wires.
They are numbered connectors with numbers stamped into them.

If you need help with repinning then I have a vid posted on YouTube with a walk through on a 3800 or LS1 connector I can post.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Here u go.. zipped PDF of the PCM connector pin outs

Attachments

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Not in order

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
and the rest

·
Registered
873 Posts
Sorry taking so long,I'm on a damn iPad and all my stuff is in laptop.
Having to save images,then upload to photobucket and then post.

·
Registered
873 Posts
God I hate the LStech forums.
Been so many years since i've been on them didn't realize they had added good information in the midst of all the misinformation.

If I could make a request of you though Cal,I have looked unsuccessfully for the ETC mode Chart/breakdown or description.
I have found the delphi tech specs for the modes,but in the pcm tables it simply has mode 1/mode 2 etc..
I need to know how they correspond to each other,as I have no need to alter limp modes.
Specifically I am working on a 2005 P10 trailblazer,but prob the same across platforms maybe?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts