3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
The MP112 that most of us use are the Magnuson units with the keyed shaft, which has a smaller diameter than the M90 with the press-on pulley, so if the pulley is keyed, it will not fit. However, I do not know about the M112's(assuming the Ford factory aplication w/press-on pulleys) shaft diameter.

·
Registered
752 Posts
The shaft diameter of my MP112 is 16.28mm, what is your mag snout's diameter?
Having another thread about MP112 blowers and mag snouts, I would like to throw some more light on the subject, I recently ran into some BS and the diehard DIY guy, I need to get to the bottom of this.

How many people out there have junked their "Custom Magnuson nose drives"? I bet quite a few. Recently I contacted Magnuson about buying blower bearings, since my MP112 sounds like a coffee grinder. They do not sell the bearings separatelly, they "rebuild" the nose drive assemblies instead. So they can charge more, since the labor is automatically included. Sorry, but I am not a Rolls Royce owner (with a complettely sealed engine, you cannot even add oil, since the oil cap is wire-and-crimped-piece-of-lead sealed for waranty reasons) and I do stuff myself. So far I found out that the front snout bearing is a sealed bearing with the seals removed and a "custom high performance" blue anodized seal is installed. Wow, how cool :icon_lol:
Then the splines on the rear of the shaft fit kinda loose on the coupler and I had to prick-punch the shaft to make it tighter.
Now for the bearings- the front bearing is a 47mmX20mmX14mm, the rear- 52mmX25mmX15. The rear bearing has a groove machined in it and I still have to find who makes them, if they are not machined in house by Magnuson. As for the front bearing, I will just get a regular double sealed bearing, remove the seal on the inside and just use a spacer on the front where the seal used to be, with a snap ring( I lost the Mag el-cheapo snap ring). So while I have the snout taken apart, feel free to ask any qusetions about specs and stuff.

·
Registered
752 Posts
The followup on my post- the MP112 snout bearings can be found on eBay very cheap. I bought 3 sets for $32.14 shipped. Both the front 47mmX20mmX14mm (double sealed 6204-2RS) and the rear (6205-2RSNR, with the snap ring, double sealed) and available in large quantities from eBay store BEARING BARGAINS.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Mike, what did you ever do for a new snout seal? Use a standard M112 seal? Iv'e been very pissed with Magnuson too. Any problem and they want you to send it in. I already paid $350 once for a new snout a few years ago, and I'm not looking to do it again.:mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts