3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, I'll be using these to tune instead of our factory 02 sensors, but here's a question, how come more people don't use these? They're more accurate than our factory readers. I'm surprised more vendors don't sell the wideband stuff because of the advantage it gives you with tuning. I'll still be using a AFC/ICCU, but tuning it to what the specs on the wideband tell me.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Dan,

You're right, wideband is definitely the way to go. As to why more people aren't using them here's a few guesses: They start at about $450 plus the cost of welding the bung intoour ehaust. Many people also think that the narrowband O2 sensors that come on our cars are good enough. Unfortunately though, away from the stoich A/F of 14.7, the narrowband sensors are actually more sensitive to exhaust gas temps than they are to the level of oxygen in the exhaust. Another reason more some people may be one of practicality. It makes sense to tie in the A/F output from the wideband to a scanner so that you can log all your parameters together and look at them synchronized together, rather than logging it separately. When HP Tuners support and integrate them into 1.5 I'll be all over that.

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.