3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I have the stock brake system and I picked up a set of Weld XP 196 series wheels (15x8 with 5.5" backspacing) awhile back and tried putting them on last week and.....they didnt fit?! I thought that is what people were using??

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
15" rim should just barly clear the stock calipers and rotor. That is the 10.9" rotors.

What car are you trying to fit these on? You sure you have 10.9" rotors?

later models or Montys have 11.9" rotors and those will be too big for a 15" rim

·
Registered
565 Posts
If they are truely 15x8 with a 5.5" backspace, then it may be your problem. Guys running 15x9's are using 5.5" backspace, and like I said above, mine are 15x8 with 4.5" backspacing.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Well, theoretically, it should. It will make the wheel stick out a little, but mine already does that (see avatar ;)). Is your car lowered? It appears to work fine for my GMPP springs, but anything lower does have the possibility of rubbing.

·
Vendor
900 Posts
we run 15x9 (not 8) weld pro star XP rims they are 5.5" backspacing. They are XP, the non XP wont fit. They DO NOT make a 15x8 PRO STAR XP, only pro star

HTH. sounds like you have the wrong rims

·
Registered
346 Posts
When I got my big wheels for the front, I too had a problem of the back of the face hitting the brake calipers. I fixed it by using 7/16" spacers that I bought from Jegs, and 1/2" longer hardened ARP studs that INTENSE sells. That may be another option for you.

John

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.