3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how my car rates in the NA stakes.

Currently I have a VN Commodore that runs 13.83 at 97mph with a naturally aspirated 3800 V6.

I was just wonder ing how this compares with others in the US?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's pretty cool, I would like to push mine a little further but I've decided to fit a turbo kit now so we'll see what it does with that fitted.

Beating the Gen-III's with a NA V6 is fun but I want to really embarass them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
blownvn said:
Just wondering how my car rates in the NA stakes.

Currently I have a VN Commodore that runs 13.83 at 97mph with a naturally aspirated 3800 V6.

I was just wonder ing how this compares with others in the US?
just wondering what some of the mods you have? :confused:
thats pretty sweet times for an N/A

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gt4me said:
just wondering what some of the mods you have? :confused:
thats pretty sweet times for an N/A
The car is a 1989 VN Commodore that 3350lbs, it has a factory 3800cc V6 with full manual T700 with a 3000rpm Hi Stall.

The engine has mildly ported heads with decent valve springs, 9.2:1 comp with ACL race series pistons, a Crow custom ground roller cam (234/240 @ .050thou, and around .530/.540 lift on 112degrees lobe sep, we were initially going to supercharge it), 1 5/8-inch primary headers, Haltech E6GM ECU, MSD coils, and custom intake using three 50mm throttle bodies.

It ran 13.83 on 225/65/15 bridgestone street tyres, on 98 octane Shell Optimax (pump fuel).

Not bad with out the turbo. ;)

Now I've just fitted a turbo and we'll see where it goes from here :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RedFrk said:
http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=001886

This a link to a thread about the fastest NA 3800 fbody. He ran a 13.301 at 102.44 MPH. This is at 1800' about sealevel, so he will probably hit 12s at lower elevation.
Yep he's pretty quick but I'd love to see what I could get out of mine with drag radials and open headers. ;)

Our track is at about 200' though, we don't talk about "corrected times" here, we just talk about what it ran at the track. From what we see over there everyone likes to use corrected figures.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Out of curiosity, what would a 15.948 @87.52 at an elevation of 1000' come out to be at sea level?
What is the formula for calculating this?
T.I.A.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Don't know what the corrections are, like I said we don't use them down here. :D

Here's what my beast looks like ;)

The back wheels in this photo are just some that I borrowed with some Nitto 555's but they bogged the car down too much and so I ran quicker with just my normal street rubber which are the same as what's on the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
439 Posts
theres a guy with a NA 3800 camaro in the deap 11's, i don't have time to find the link right now, let me get to work and dig it up for you :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Money98GTP said:
What size turbo do you have? Custom made kit? or bought from a company...??
It's a custom kit that we had made over here but there are now production kits manufactured off that initial kit.

The place that sells them is Forced Induction Technologies

The actually turbo is a hybrid T04 but it uses an internal wastegate because I didn't want to screw around with extra plumbing. The turbo itself is good for 550hp or so the turbo place tells me, we'll see how it goes but I want 11's out of it.

It's a bit messy in the photo because I had just got it running but you can see the basics.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,571 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That V6 Firebird is pretty cool, there doesn't seem to be too many guys doing it with street cars though, what are ya's? You're all wussy girls blouses! :D

I've got to say though, seeing those Firebirds sure got me thinking. What are they worth to buy is NA V6 form? Not much I'm guessing :cool:

·
Registered
34 Posts
13.9 N/A :)

And, I built a nitrous car, not N/A.

The 3:23's, extensive head & intake porting with stock cam are way wrong for N/A runs.

Would be interesting to see what I would do with 4:10's and a cam :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts