3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Stage 1 TB on my CSC'd L36. Would a Stage 2, L67, LS1, or even a NorthStar TB benefit me much more than the stage 1? I don't see them giving me much of a performance advantage. Anyone agree or want to prove me wrong?
Thanks

I also have a vs cam, HVII, and complete exhaust mods.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well it all depends on how far you are going to go with that CSC. I went from Stage 2 GT TB to a custom ported GTP TB (throttle blade is still stock), and basically went from 13.4 to 13.0x. I say that is a big difference. It also seems that I max the maff pretty quick once I passed 6k rpms with a 3.6" pulley.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Will I have to make any adjustments to my afc 1.1? Obviously I will scan but did you have any tuning problems? I have a 3.4" pulley on now.

How exactly do you adjust to keep from going over your maf?

Will the GTP TB bolt right up to the L36 or does there have to be a lot of custom work done?

·
Registered
127 Posts
k0bun said:
Will I have to make any adjustments to my afc 1.1? Obviously I will scan but did you have any tuning problems? I have a 3.4" pulley on now.
AFC 1.1 might be tough since it skews everything compared to an AFC 2.0 which adjust the different areas. I used the 2.0 to adjust the areas that were leaner and richer. A question, do you have a PCM with the GTP injectors already programmed?

k0bun said:
How exactly do you adjust to keep from going over your maf?
I had a PCM programmer to adjust the injectors and maf the way I wanted it. I programmed the MAF of the GTP into my pcm to be more accurate.

k0bun said:
Will the GTP TB bolt right up to the L36 or does there have to be a lot of custom work done?
TB bolts right up, but in the back of the TB are air 'pockets' that will have to be filled with aluminum filler. I used quick steel but it isn't holding up too well the way I did it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have the pcm programmed for the stage 3 kit(GTP injectors) along with my cam. Zoomer said it wont bolt right up because of the different shapes. I'm assuming this is what you mean by air pockets. I'm not sure about pcm programming for the maf. The tech at the dyno mentioned something like that but we didn't get a chance to go into detail. I guess I can contact Matt for advice on that. What should I have the maf programmed at, assuming I keep my stage 1 tb. I really don't know too much about tuning. Matt says the CSC AFC 1.1 is alright for my tuning. The 2.0 is not necessary.

Would you be interested in selling your stage 2 tb?

·
Registered
127 Posts
As far as keeping the stage 1 TB, maf programming it is a big workaround to fix the issue I had in maxing the maf. But zooomer is right about the shape difference between the GTP and GT tbs. GT TB has an oval shape, while the GTP TB has a round circle shape.

Email me about the Stage 2 TB and see if we could work out a deal. :D

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I wanted to port and polish my TB how would I go about doing it? What tools do I need?

Do I port before the throttle plate or after? I want to be able to keep the same plate.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I ported the opening infront and was taking a risk in doing it myself. Its not perfect, but it works for me. Then I cleaned up and polished the inside. I know some people would recommend not to port/polish yourself since there is a possibility to screwing something up.

As far as tools, I used a dremel with grinding stones and a flapper to clean up the rough spots. It roughly took me a week or so to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts