3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last year i've experimented with a lot of different spark plugs in the pursuit of eliminating KR and pre-ignition. This week I found that a hole in the corrugated fuel line was the culprit. However, I know have to choose between all the different plugs I have laying around. AL 104's, AL 103's (Race Version), TR6's, TR6 IX's. I'm currently running about 14lbs of boost on a 2.8 pulley with e85. Stock cam, but have 1.85 roller rockers. Which is best for my set up?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I use double platinum Autolites. I think they are the coldest range offered. I forget the number AL 104? Never have had a problem with them. I run similar boost as well. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I've been running TR7IX's (colder than tr6's) for quite some time without issue and they come out clean as new, and i tend to think that iridium is the way to go because that's what everything runs now, it's what these 3800's have stock, and they last more than 100k miles. I wouldn't run them that long simply because we aren't dealing with stock conditions in the cylinders anymore, but i have yet to foul an iridium plug for any reason.

i was told NGK is the OEM for GM ACDelco plugs so i made my decision that way, but i would definitely go colder than necessary as long as emissions testing isn't a problem, that way the worst case scenario is you need to change a set of plugs out should you manage to foul one somehow

1 - 3 of 3 Posts