3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi new to the forum not so new to the game. i have a 98 olds intrigue with a gtp motor in it now with all sensors to go with. the 4t65e-hd, keep the stock olds final drive ratio (3.69? i for the ratio cant remeber) and some nice hard parts inside to. i have a c.a.i., hi-flow cat u-bend delet 3" down pipe, and cat back exhaust. just no pcm. i have heard different things from different people about the pcm tunes. should i start with a gtp pcm and have to final drive changed to match mine and all my mods. i plan to go bigger with everything that i can in the future. like bigger injectors smaller pullies. no turbo though, i like the sound of my superchager. its been sitting for about a yr now no time to work on it :icon_frow now i have some time im goin to get a pcm just what works best?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
its 3.29 ratio not 3.69

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Stock SC is 2.93 Final Drive, the diff is a 3.29, but they overdriven the trans before the diff so the FD is really 2.93.

Are you trying to not use the Olds PCM program or use the stock program and tune it?

its 3.29 ratio not 3.69

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats the gear ratio i opted for when i had the tran built by zzp.
the stock olds pcm does run the car but it runs LEAN acorring to my a/f ratio gauge(narrow band) and only really develops about 2psi in the middle to top of second to top speed in third (no boost from a take off or even in first at all) floored to 108 when the factory top speed limiter kicks in. i know the blowers are good to about 8psi with the stock pulley. its got all the correct sensors and injectors to run the like a factory gtp. just swap it all over. even wired up the boost control soliend to the pcm connecter. i know its not getting the correct a/f ratio that the motor needs to run. i once had a DHP tuner but my laptop crashed and i couldnt get the software back. i have a s.e.s light on but cannot communicate to a hand held code scanner(one from matco) so i know something is wrong. im just wondering which pcm to buy from. zzp,wbs,intense? so it will pass state inspection and drive on the road in texas.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Software for DHP is on The Best Tuning Site in the World - Powrtuner Portal, if you have that you are set.

thats the gear ratio i opted for when i had the tran built by zzp.
the stock olds pcm does run the car but it runs LEAN acorring to my a/f ratio gauge(narrow band) and only really develops about 2psi in the middle to top of second to top speed in third (no boost from a take off or even in first at all) floored to 108 when the factory top speed limiter kicks in. i know the blowers are good to about 8psi with the stock pulley. its got all the correct sensors and injectors to run the like a factory gtp. just swap it all over. even wired up the boost control soliend to the pcm connecter. i know its not getting the correct a/f ratio that the motor needs to run. i once had a DHP tuner but my laptop crashed and i couldnt get the software back. i have a s.e.s light on but cannot communicate to a hand held code scanner(one from matco) so i know something is wrong. im just wondering which pcm to buy from. zzp,wbs,intense? so it will pass state inspection and drive on the road in texas.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i thought that dhp went south no more updates or anything.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
They did but that doesn't mean the software is gone and broken. It is very much alive and well.

It works fine, I just bought it from someone, works just peachy. That website has the last few versions.

I am looking at closely. Maybe not as frilly as HPT, but functional. Scanner is ok, but is far from the best, but has one.

And take a look at Tiny Tuner if you have DHP, you might like.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok thank you for all the help again thanks. i guess i have to figure out how to use it. when i did get it load the software and the next day the laptop crashed and this x-mas i got a new one. so never really got a chance to try it out real well.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
I am far from a DHP expert, but do know Tunercat very well, so if you need help, likely I can help.

ok thank you for all the help again thanks. i guess i have to figure out how to use it. when i did get it load the software and the next day the laptop crashed and this x-mas i got a new one. so never really got a chance to try it out real well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts