3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, so I recently got my uncles 2000 camaro but its engine is not in it. Its in pieces ready to be rebuilt but my uncle got sick and isn't able to complete it. I want to fix it up for him but I'm missing pretty much all the bolts. Is there a site that sells a bolt set? All I seem to find is kits for Ls1, no idea if that would fit on the 3800

·
Super Moderator
369 Posts
First... can you define or post photos of what level of disassembly you're dealing with? If it's torn down to the crank, you'll be dealing with a different level of need than if it's just pulled out of the car with a few external parts removed. For some of the deeper engine items, you're going to need each of the GM or ARP bolts/studs for proper assembly (ZZP, Intense, and a few other places will list these), but that comes with extra technique required for rebuilding the engine that far down (see the various YouTube videos for reference on 3800 builds for all sorts of cars; same at that level for any vehicle/chassis).

As mentioned in another post last week, for most external items you are going to be better off going to the hardware store (ACE, Lowe's, Home Depot, Tractor Supply, etc.) to get fresh bolts from the Grade 8 (inch - 6 lines on top) or Grade 10.9 (metric - 10.9 on top) section, so they meet/exceed any requirements of the originals. A few measurements and thread size determinations have to be made, and you can get better at figuring it out as you go.

Let's start with what's exactly are you dealing with, or this suggestion can get real long and off course trying to cover all sorts of bases.

Reactions: KingTaino94
1 - 2 of 2 Posts