3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I also posted this in the Cooling subforum, but I figured I'd post it here as well since I need an answer as soon as possible...

I'm in the process of putting my engine back together after changing all the gaskets (except head gaskets.. this is my first time working on a car so I don't want to mess with anything TOO important yet) but I can't figure out where the wire is which goes to the coolant temp sensor?

On the 3800 series 2, the sensor is located on the opposite side of the coolant inlet on the lower intake manifold. The wire I labelled for it doesn't fit so I'm not too sure what to do. There doesn't seem to be anything in the area which both fits the connector and reaches.

If someone could make a short video or take a few pictures of their sensor and where the wire that goes to it is, I would really appreciate it because as of now I can't continue until that's taken care of. If it makes any difference, it's an '01 Impala L36.

Thanks!

·
Registered
873 Posts
On the L67 it is kimda hidden right underneath the thermostat housing,and i'm betting yours will be in about the same place.
They are generally on engine side of the thermostat,so look in the immediate vicinity of the water outlet housing on the lower intake.

I can take a pic of the connector for you in just a few probrably,L67 and L36 should be in same place/area. When I did swap I didn't relocate any of that stuff or have to change wiring for it.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
it's to the right of the cylinder 5 injector connector, and it doesn't reach all the way, theres an extension adapter that goes the rest of the way to the coolant temp sensor located right on the bottom side of the thermostat housing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.