3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to Rogue about this...but I am having trouble locating the WSS...I cannot find it, in order to disconnect it....does anyone have a picture I can go by ? I know where they generally...but I just want to make sure that I disconnect the correct wire.

·
Registered
14 Posts
jack up the car.

remove the tire.

directly behind the rotor you will see a clip with a harness on it. this is the speed wheel sensor harness.

in order to remove it you will need to remove the rotor..than the 3 bolts that hold in the hub. the sensor is iside the hub..in the pic below it is located in the white area.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Not sure about the Bonne's, but for W-bodies, the sensors are integrated into the hub. So if you need to replace the sensor, the whole hub needs to be replaced.

·
Administrator
3,246 Posts
Nope, the GTP and SSEi should be the same. Just turn the wheels all the way in one direction. Then reach behind the tire to the middle of the hub if you cant find it easily, check the other side then turn the wheels all the way in the opposite direction and do the same to the opposite wheel.

It's really hard to miss the wss as its the only wire going to the middle of the hub. I can get pics if needed.

The reason he wants to disconnect it is the torque management of the Bonnevilles. Disconnecting the WSS turns this off (the TC button just delays it)

·
Registered
13 Posts
TC in a Monte

Is the TC the same in a 2004 Monte? IE: when I turn off TC in my Monte does it actually turn everything off or does it just turn part of it off / or only delay it?

Bob

·
Registered
243 Posts
Bsatti said:
Is the TC the same in a 2004 Monte? IE: when I turn off TC in my Monte does it actually turn everything off or does it just turn part of it off / or only delay it?

Bob
I'd like to know the answer to that as well. Not just for the 04's but for any of the MCSS. Also what kind of damage can you do with it disconnected? Are there any negatives?
Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
On the MC's, just part. Matt M & Adam T. (ashocks) had that issue on their CSC'd Montes. Adam clued me in on this at GPG. Disconnect the ABS harness under the hood and each WSS to eliminate the torque management completely. The only problem with the Monte is the 16 billion lights that will be ON on the dash display.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Part TC, part not...

Oh shucks... So I'm only getting rid of part of the problem when I turn off the TC... OK, so I have to disconnect the ABS harness and the two (I'm assuming 2) WSS. I wonder if there is any way to install a system whereby I can switch from the drivers seat... I'm not exactly very able bodied anymore... How many wires in the ABS harness?

So, the Monte is going to light up like a christmas tree if I disconnect things eh? Figures, and I hate idiot lights... It wouldn't bother me so much if I could flick a switch and turn the TC on and off... then I guess I could stand the dash lighting up for a few seconds...
:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
(frustration is setting in)

Well, I've been trying to figure out a way to lose the entire traction/torque control system(s) using a single switch inside the car... Normally I'd just use realys and link everything I want to shut off together... However, I just can't seem to get my head around the wiring on this Monte, and what I have to bypass...

It's like trying to rewire the Enterprise... (sigh) I figured this was a good place to start... GM dealer didn't seem to mind the wiring changes with the alarm addition, so I figure I might get away with doing this too! (If only he'd look the other way so I could change the pulley size)

Has anybody done this sort of wiring mod thing to a 2004 SCSS Monte, (or for that matter to anything else that I might be able to apply to the Monte)? Thanks....

Bob

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Bsatti said:
(frustration is setting in)

Well, I've been trying to figure out a way to lose the entire traction/torque control system(s) using a single switch inside the car... Normally I'd just use realys and link everything I want to shut off together... However, I just can't seem to get my head around the wiring on this Monte, and what I have to bypass...
Has anybody done this sort of wiring mod thing to a 2004 SCSS Monte, (or for that matter to anything else that I might be able to apply to the Monte)? Thanks....

Bob
I know a while back on clubgp there was a write-up on this. Someone did this by running a toggle switch from the fuse box under the hood. I dont know for sure but I want to say fuse 23??

Hope this helps,
Scott

1 - 13 of 13 Posts