3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just did that same job ,but I believe it connects to the PCV and MAP sensor housing.I think that tube recieves its signal close to the throttle plate instead of near a intake runner so that the vacume signal will be stabilized.That way the map gets a smooth signal instead of a pulse when an intake valve opens.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just did that same job ,but I believe it connects to the PCV and MAP sensor housing.I think that tube recieves its signal close to the throttle plate instead of near a intake runner so that the vacume signal will be stabilized.That way the map gets a smooth signal instead of a pulse when an intake valve opens.
Ah, I see. So it seems like the curved section of the tube connects to the hole in the right side of the picture. Seems to fit there pretty dang good. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Are you replacing or just resealing?I had tried Dorman,but was a mess when it arrived.Bought the ATI and fit very nice.
Just resealing. I bought the car in March. I kept smelling coolant so I replaced the leaking water pump. I continued to smell coolant and having to top it off. The elbows were replace with the aluminum ones from the previous owner. I figured the intake gaskets were the problem. Turns out the gaskets on the upper and lower intake manifold were both replaced from the previous owner, too. But the gaskets seemed of low quality or wasn't sealed properly. I noticed small amount of RTV on the corners where the LIM meets the block.The rubber seemed thin on the gaskets and showing no brand name. The
o-rings on the elbows were brittle so im replacing those, too. So I went with felpro. They've always done me good. I notice the difference in quality. We shall see.

·
Registered
37 Posts
its actually a dispersion tube for the oil leaving the pcv valve and entering the plenum.

if its not in that hole then you can get a missfier on 1 or 2 during prolonged part throttle (high pcv flow) cruise and excessive ash buildup on the plugs

that tube directs tbhe pcv discharge into the turbulent area just behind the TB to make sure all the cylinders get their fair share of the oil mist/crankcase vapor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts