3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What is the right way to tune the Mini AFC 2.0 at idle.

Is idle considered when the car is running and in park or is it when the car running and in drive with the brake on, or a different way?

I've always done it when I'm in drive and brake is pressed.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I usually drive around and get the engine temp up to operating. Put the car in park and adjust to the Ltrims. Make sure that if you have negative readings you take away fuel, and if you have positive you add fuel, until you get to 0.

·
Registered
125 Posts
this seems the most fitting post so far to bring back.....

When you focus on tuning you fueling to get your LTFTs to zero at idle...how is that going to affect the rest of the curve?

·
Registered
44 Posts
kubiache said:
this seems the most fitting post so far to bring back.....

When you focus on tuning you fueling to get your LTFTs to zero at idle...how is that going to affect the rest of the curve?
when you get the idle curve tuned right, it will positivly affect the cruising curve, and when you get that smoothed out, than when you go WOT the computer locks onto a more accurate number, more able to dial in the correct air/fuel ratio. When I was using my AFC I dropped about 4 degrees of knock (out of 6) by simply reducing idle to 95%, cruise to 96-97%, with WOT richened up to 101%. my idle and cruise LTFTs were smooth and flat, while my WOT sensor readings were at 930-950. I probabally didnt really need the extra bumb in WOT fuel, just correcting the idle and cruise numbers fixed all my problems.

·
Registered
125 Posts
VT Regal said:
when you get the idle curve tuned right, it will positivly affect the cruising curve, and when you get that smoothed out, than when you go WOT the computer locks onto a more accurate number, more able to dial in the correct air/fuel ratio. When I was using my AFC I dropped about 4 degrees of knock (out of 6) by simply reducing idle to 95%, cruise to 96-97%, with WOT richened up to 101%. my idle and cruise LTFTs were smooth and flat, while my WOT sensor readings were at 930-950. I probabally didnt really need the extra bumb in WOT fuel, just correcting the idle and cruise numbers fixed all my problems.
Ok that helps. I just started playing with my 2.2 yesterday, starting with 5° KR. My first instinct was to ADD 5%...which killed 1.5° of KR, but of course made my LTFTs go crazy negative. I haven't had a chance to mess with it again today, but I'll use that as a starting point.

Not having winter gas would be great, too. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've got my idle LTFTs down right, but my cruise still goes negative. I'm finding that in order to get them down to zero the resulting curve would go up, down, and back up. is there anything abnormal about that?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts