3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I know this isn't the record, but I ran a 14.785 with rockers, and everything listed in my sig minus the DHP, TB or HVII. It seems to be one of the better times with rockers though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
With only a gutted airbox and DHP v.1.0, my g/f ran 15.6. Granted, the conditions were really crappy as well! Sand and leaves everywhere, 30 mph winds, etc.

I am shortly going to be adding 1.85:1 rockers, RT D/P and high flow cat, and PEMs. What kinda times would she be looking at roughly from your guys' experience.

Are mid 14's possible in a GT without headwork or a cam?

Thanks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yes, Wizbang and Pman both have done that, the key is tuning the car to handle the mods. If you get the car dialed in properly mid-high 14s seem very possible.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Pual (pman) ran a best of [email protected]. He had the S2 HVTB, HVII, SR Rockers, stock manifolds, 3" cat-less DP, an exhaust, and I'm sure tons of time tuning. Joel ran a 14.4 with (I think) similar mods on his '97. See sig for my PB. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Timberwarp said:
HVII wasn't created at the time when Pman and Joel pulled those times. [;)] Also, Pman had stock DP. [;)]
I beg to differ, sir. ;) Here's Joel Sorenson's member page for MIGPC. http://www.migpc.com/Members/members.html (1997-1998 Grand Prix's, fourth down on the right) You'll see the HVII listed under performance modifications. Joel no longer has his GT, but he ran the 14.4 with the HVII. I'm almost 100% sure Paul had one as well. I couldn't find Paul's member page on MIGPC...I'm guessing he removed it since he now has a Trans Am. About Paul having a stock downpipe...I'm not so sure about that. I know he was cat-less, but it might have been stock up to that point. :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
14.5 I had rockers, stock manifolds,stock dp,custom cai then 2.5 straight pipe exhaust, dhp pcm, MAFT+, aluminum coil mount, FULL INTERIOR!, rear spring blockers.Other little things Tr55 plugs, msd wires and coil packs. No HVII, heads, or dp. I had ported aluminum heads with my cam project...but the cam was way too big and i kept breaking things so i demoded.

·
Registered
38 Posts
pman said:
14.5 I had rockers, stock manifolds,stock dp,custom cai then 2.5 straight pipe exhaust, dhp pcm, MAFT+, aluminum coil mount, FULL INTERIOR!, rear spring blockers.Other little things Tr55 plugs, msd wires and coil packs. No HVII, heads, or dp. I had ported aluminum heads with my cam project...but the cam was way too big and i kept breaking things so i demoded.
That's it? Very impressive. I guess I was just a little bit misinformed about what you were running. :p Spring blockers, huh? So that's how you got those 2.0x second 60's. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm sure if i would have dropped my exhaust or pulled the interior i could have dropped atleast another .2X maybe more

·
Registered
13 Posts
When I ran my 14.4 I had the following mods; ZZP split ratio rockers, ZZP high velocity intake insert, ZZP stage 1 throttle body, Thrasher CAI, Borla w/o resonator, Random Tech off road pipe, DHP PCM, tranny cooler, Autolite 605 plugs...I believe that's all. This was also with full interior, exhaust left on, and regular street tires. Mid 14's are possible with rockers as it has been proven numerous times.

For clarification on information earlier in this thread. I still own my GT. I have demodded most of it (still have DHP and ZZP TB) but use it as my daily driver. My new car is a GTP with an XP cam and supporting mods. I'm currently running 12.6's with it. Both are for sale BTW.

[email protected]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts