3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The post under this one tells how to properly dyno a Bonneville, what's the best way to dyno a Grand Prix?
Tate

·
Registered
713 Posts
most people do their dyno's in 2nd gear. lately however i have noticed that people with serious power (approaching 400hp) use 3rd gear to do their pulls.

·
Registered
38 Posts
most aftermarket PCM's remove the stock speed limiter.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
It keeps the computer from thinking you are abusing yoru tranny. Its the same fuse you pull at teh track. if you think about it, your front wheels are going like 100 MPH and yoru rear ones are not moving at all. your computer will think you are abusing the tranny and pull power to keep you from causeing any damage. So you pull the fuse to eliminate this. in teh mean time you loose ABS, Traction Control, HVAC and magnasteer.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
No not the same. On mine, 2000gtp, the TC fuse is #31 and the ABS fuse is #25 or #28. Look at your fuse block and look at the map of your fuses to be sure you are pulling the right one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You pull the abs fuse on a 99 its fuse #28. Also I have a intense pcm and they dyno'd me in third gear ran it real easy til it shifted into third then at [email protected] 3500 rpms I went wot till @ 6200 rpms.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts