3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think its time to buy new tires, I have some plugs in them and one constently leaks. What type of tires does everyone use? I want something that will hopefully bring my ET down a litle but I still need something I can drive around in all winter. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you can find them my Essenza 210 Type R tires are one of the greatest set I have ever driven. Did great last year during the MD winter too.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Jack44 said:
I've been extremely satisfied with the Falken Zeix 512's ... 235/55-16's...But then if I lived in Chicago, which I did until 1969, I'd have a good set of snow tires too...
Same tire and size as above, pulling off consistant 1.9 60's at the track with an open diff is no problem. Good all around inexpensive sport tire. I picked them up at www.vulcantire.com for $358 shipped, pretty good deal. Also was a consumers reports best buy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How were they in the winter out here? Did you keep them on all year round? Because if they can take the snow I think I'm going to go with a set of those.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I haven't had them in the snow yet, but they are good in the rain. We had Zeix 502's on my wife's car (they are essentially the same, but the 502 is a more dedicated performance tire). The 502's were fine in the winter. I had some all season Yokohama's on the car before (YK420), and the Ziex's are better all around so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts