3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was interested in some information on the temp probe used in testing your IC...It dosent resemble a "delta T" we used in old deisel turbo applications. Using this probe I must say is the proper way of testing your ICs performance.

Is the probe just a thermo-stat? I dont think/know it would read fast enough?

If you dont mind me asking, what was used?

Where did you aquire it from?

Where can I get my grubby hads on one?

Good job on you new IC.....

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
We use the Autometer dual channel IAT gauge in several of our cars. They're extremely accurate and repeatable, and measure both channels (pre and post intercooler) continuously, while storing peaks for both.

The car used in our intercooler tests is equipped with Autometer Phantom gauges. The set we used for the intercooler is part number 5773, available trhough Jeg's, Summit and others.

Here's what it looks like:

http://hp.autometer.com/products/product_photos/0057xx/005773.jpg

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 5773 kit through Jegs does come complete with the temp probe and install hardware correct?

thanks,

Nice job on you new IC....You guys got a MP112 applicable one on the drawing board...What a kit that would be.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MP112 ROB said:
The 5773 kit through Jegs does come complete with the temp probe and install hardware correct?

thanks,

Nice job on you new IC....You guys got a MP112 applicable one on the drawing board...What a kit that would be.

I found it...Thanks fellas.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts