3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Jonathan_Cain said:
as the title states.

i believe the valve stems need to be ground down a smidge, 130lb springs, new retainers, and there is something else that I cant think of that should be done to it. Oh I think the rocker pedistals need to be machined down too, I think thats it, Personally id just run an xp if you are running stock heads. We had a guy in my area run worked heads with the s3 and he grenaded his motor, no wait he nucleared his motor. The work to the heads failed, I dunno if it was the work or the parts failing, but Id rather run some Intense heads wit their bigger cams

·
Registered
25 Posts
might not be a bad idea to pick up new valve seals while you're at it. those 130 lb springs are not going to play nicely with the stock ones...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Mr. INTENSE said:
The valve guides need milled down to accomodate ~ .600" of valve lift. And you'll need strong enough springs to handle a pretty agressive cam grind.

this guy talks like he freakin sells the damn cams, oh wait he does :D

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the reason i ask, there is no ****in way i can afford to pay 2k for heads when i just spent 500 on mine not to long ago. and they are 97s so i cant even use them as cores.

·
Registered
25 Posts
well...

take them to a machine shop and see what can be done. it might not be as expensive as you think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts