3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know what WOT means, what I'm asking is at what point of acceleration are you at WOT? I heard anything 60% or more is considered WOT. Is this correct?
Thanks

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that 100% TPS(throttle position sensor)? I thought it was anything over 60%. Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me but that's what I heard. Although I have been misinformed before.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is that 100% TPS(throttle position sensor)? I thought it was anything over 60%. Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me but that's what I heard. Although I have been misinformed before.

Nevermind, I understand what was meant when the info was given to me. Something about open loop and pcm functions.

Anyway, I have a new question now. Will my o2's change significantly from 76% throttle to 100%. I only have logs at 76% and everything looks fine. Should I try scanning again at 100%? There's not always enough room to hit that high of speeds/rpms without the danger of a ticket ;) What does everyone think?
Thanks

·
Banned
165 Posts
Actually, the PCM considers anything above ~80% to be WOT. ;)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Are you asking at what point you go into Power Enrich mode? That is when the car goes to open loop for fueling and richens up. If so, you typically go into PE somewhere in the 35% to 40% TPS setting, depending on your RPMs. At least, that's what it was in the stock bins that I've looked at.

John

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was basically interested in WOT for tuning. Since I've posted the original thread, I have reached 100% TPS. So I was able to tune everything with the parameters I recorded. Everything is good now. Thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
k0bun said:
Anyway, I have a new question now. Will my o2's change significantly from 76% throttle to 100%. I only have logs at 76% and everything looks fine. Should I try scanning again at 100%? There's not always enough room to hit that high of speeds/rpms without the danger of a ticket ;) What does everyone think?
Thanks
100%. I don't see any knock until AFTER ~80% throttle, so you might be missing some important information on the top end if you don't scan for it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kubiache said:
100%. I don't see any knock until AFTER ~80% throttle, so you might be missing some important information on the top end if you don't scan for it.
I know.(read post below) I did see a little kr obove 80%. I have since tuned and fixed everything. This is kind of an old thread. I've tuned everything since then. Thanks for the imput though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts