3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting the Intense IC when they become available. My question is, what else am I going to need? I assume that a smaller pulley will be required such as 2.9". How about fuel injectors or fuel pump? or electric water pump? Suggestions would be appreciated.

Here is a list of my mods
Intense 1.9:1 stage two rockers
Intense LSD
Intense Transaxle 3.29 gears
Intense PCM
Thrasher intake
3.25 pulley
SLP headers and CAT
Borla Exhaust

everything else is pretty much stock the car dynoed at 319hp

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
With your mods and a good intercooler, you'll be able to run a smaller pulley, so you'll need that and the corresponding shorter supercharger belt.

On a 1997 through 2003 L67-powered car, you'll need larger injectors right around the 3.0" pulley size.

Your fuel pump and water pump should both be fine stock for now.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Scott pretty much covered it. If you go to a smaller pulley, you will probably need bigger injectors and with that you will either need an AFC or have the new injectors programed in your PCM. Also you will need a new belt cause you will be adding space (the core) between the SC and the intake so that will change yoru belt size and changing pulley sizes will changen teh length of the belt you will need too. Possibly some colder running plugs.

I say while you are there, get a cam put in! :D

·
Vendor
900 Posts
The lower intake doesnt have to be removed to install the INTENSE I/C. ;)

I agree get a stage1x cam, but it isnt like "while your in there" lol

·
Registered
467 Posts
You can prolly step down to a 2.8 pulley with no probs, as long as the IC pump is not too fast. If you go with a Lucas 38# injector, you won't need to make any fueling changes and IPW's will be around 17-19ms.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am going to be in the IC market very soon, does anybody know if the intense unit will be ready by christmas? Thanks

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
GTPMORAD said:
I agree get a stage1x cam, but it isnt like "while your in there" lol
Not while they are in there, while he is there. Its a joke Ed cause he works for AGT :D

JetGTP02 said:
I am going to be in the IC market very soon, does anybody know if the intense unit will be ready by christmas? Thanks
I predict ready for Halloween :D

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I do not think the Gen Vs will be left out.

·
Banned
361 Posts
If they are going to be out before Halloween you would think INTENSE would already be hyping them up.

I lost my signup sheet to be a beta tester, can I get another one?

·
Banned
361 Posts
the new INTENSE™ Intercooler Kit for all third gen M90-powered 3800 vehicles!
That sucks. :mad:

It looks like you were wrong Merc, atleast for now. :mad:

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I didnt say they would be in for the first run. Gotta hit the biggest market first and then go from there. When has Intense left out the L32 market? :)

·
Banned
361 Posts
Our fifth gen intercooler will be out before you have your current setup maxed out
That is some good news!

Give me two weeks. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts