3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought this old police interceptor. After taking out about a mile of wires, found out it had some work done. Stuff like new flywheel, piston work,rebuilt engine and transmission. I myself added , Ls intake..cold air set up. New plugs, wires, muffler mute,. Any ideas besides super charger or turbo. It takes to much to add those. Lol.

·
Registered
46 Posts
There are bolt-on's out there for the naturally aspirated 3800 which in conjunction with each other will make it much more fun to drive on the street, but don't expect to make big power without boost. What I would recommend is as follows

-zzperformance 2.5" downpipe w/cat. This will also get rid of that restrictive u-bend in the exhaust
-reprogrammed pcm. The best would be to do a custom tune with hp tuners or a dhp powertuner, but for something n/a like this any of the boxed tunes are still good. DHP pcm used to be the way to go for a boxed tune, but they are no-longer. The only options still out there are zzp or intenseracing's reprogrammed pcm's.

These I also recommend, but ZZP doesn't seem to sell them anymore. If you search the classifieds section here or on grandprixforums.com you may come across them every so often. 3800marketplace on facebook is also another great place to score hard to find parts
-zzp hv3 intake insert.
-zzp high velocity throttle body
-zzp ER ratio rocker arms. May be hard to find, 1.9's will work or 1.8 roller rockers. Just note if you go this route you cannot do a cam down the road without switching back to stock rockers or zzp's 1.65 rockers or you will have interference issues.

The only other thing would be zzp's powerlogs which replace the exhaust manifolds. Anything else you would be getting deep into like heads, cam, etc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts