3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ran my car stock(2002 Regal GS with just the brake upgrade)and it ran 15.2, which was good for me since it had 159k on it

this weekend i'm getting:
ZZP Regal 3" complete exhaust system with downpipe
ZZP Stage 2 Kit(plugs, 180 tstat, intake, 3.6" pulley(since i only have 91 gas in Oklahoma), autolite 104's, regrpogrammed PCM, etc
ZZP Front and Rear Power logs

I'm hoping for low 14's

·
Registered
1998 GTP coupe. All stock and rust free. That will change soon.
103 Posts
I will predict 14.3 - 14.5s with a good launch

·
Super Moderator
883 Posts
As he said, if it runs clean and you can get as close to a 2.0-flat 60ft (some can sneak better stock-ish), you should be able to get into the mid-14's pretty easily.

Honestly, I got the most from my GTP's 1st couple parts by just going week after week for fun and practice. This is how you get the best time for your setup, since you'll be able to monitor it (scanning is key), get used to launching, and pay attention to all the little maintenance and free mods you can do without much trouble.

Tip: if you get a scantool and see a small amount of knock from the upgrades, I'd try running the VP Octanium I just posted using in a race prep video last week. (shameless plug, I know). It works for me to add 5+psi of boost on a turbo build, and is at most stores. This could give you a reason to get another pulley size down for fun times when you mix it in, too, if it's happy as-is on pump gas. (That means do an MPS rather than press-on, cuz it probably won't be your last swap.)

·
Registered
1998 GTP coupe. All stock and rust free. That will change soon.
103 Posts
The cam, pulley, and intercooler were all at the same time to keep it all in check.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts