3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is almost nine month old news now, but everyone's been asking to see it, and we just realized it was never posted before...

Wes was running INTENSE Stage 2 heads and cam at the time, on pump gas (with no additives).

We're going to get a bit more agressive with his car over the winter, and we hope to see twelves in the spring (did someone say IDD VI?) with a completely stock bottom end, and parts that anyone can purchase.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Very nice scott any dates in planning for IDD VI?? I hope to have some more cash coming in this winter and plan on modding the car if everything goes as planned :D I will be using you guys for as many of the mods as possible

Brian Hendricks

·
Vendor
900 Posts
Nice to hear Wes is going to get back into racing. Seems like he took a year off with the new home etc...

Looking forward to drinking some beers with him and hearing his plans this weekend ;)

·
Registered
124 Posts
wow....thats really peaky. He doesnt go over 200 hp until 5500 rpms and his torque drops below 200 ft/lbs after 4000 rpms. Comparing Buck's dyno and Wes's, Buck has Wes beat on Hp till 5500 rpms and Buck's torque doesnt drop below 200 ft/lbs until 5000 rpms. Buck has a GT1 cam and stock heads. Maybe im missing something here. Yeah he has a high torque number, but its only one number, then it just drops off. Also, another thing that is bothering me is that ZZP has dyno'd a camaro hitting 220 whp on their GT1 cam and he could only get a 13.79 on a RWD car. What did Wes weigh in at during his run? Maybe im just missing something here. Not flaming our anything, just kinda confused.

·
Registered
38 Posts
stuffy236 said:
wow....thats really peaky. He doesnt go over 200 hp until 5500 rpms and his torque drops below 200 ft/lbs after 4000 rpms. Comparing Buck's dyno and Wes's, Buck has Wes beat on Hp till 5500 rpms and Buck's torque doesnt drop below 200 ft/lbs until 5000 rpms. Buck has a GT1 cam and stock heads. Maybe im missing something here. Yeah he has a high torque number, but its only one number, then it just drops off. Also, another thing that is bothering me is that ZZP has dyno'd a camaro hitting 220 whp on their GT1 cam and he could only get a 13.79 on a RWD car. What did Wes weigh in at during his run? Maybe im just missing something here. Not flaming our anything, just kinda confused.

edit: plus ive heard that Wes only dyno'd 207 resently?
I'll take a stab at that one. First, Keith's car is a 5-speed, which means less lag, so Wes's motor is indeed producing more power. Wes's low 13 second runs were the result of one hard-launching car and light weight. He didn't even trap 100, which is obviously far slower than most cars running a 13.2.

If you're looking for a flatter HP/Torque curve, then so far the GT1 cam looks like the best choice (haven't seen a dyno graph of the S1X cam). It can effectively be run with the stock convertor and still produces great power. There's no doubt the INTENSE S2 came produces great horsepower, but I don't think I'd want to live with it every day...but that's your call. ;)

·
Registered
124 Posts
but doesnt it only matter how much you actually get to the ground? 220 whp is still 220 whp. yeah Wes is making more crank power, but what actually gets to the wheels is whats important.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Of course that's what really matters, but if Wes had the same mods as Keith's car, he would be putting down less power.

And BTW, 220 whp is not entirely what's important. The S2 came looks peaky to me. I'd much rather have 210whp with more area under the curve than a peaky 220whp. Did Rick ever dyno when he ran his 14.2? I'm curious to see what his looked like.

·
Registered
127 Posts
My ears are burning, someone called my name? That is true that Keith's car dynoed 220 with a 5 speed, but Wes has a 4 speed with 3.69 gears. Wes is probably the best NA L36 launcher compared to all of us here and he has a high stall on his GT. So launching say at around 3500 rpms to get the car moving with his drag skills and having 3.69 gears putting him in his power band at least 2.5 times gets him his time. As far as weight, Wes quoted around 3300-3350 lbs. Pretty light compared to my car but not as light as some of the drag cars in the top m90/turbo group.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Sexy curve there Wes! :D

Im very interested in what Wes' car will be like at IDD6! Cant wait!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Talk about being able to punch it and having the power there when you need it! :eek:

·
Banned
61 Posts
Heads and Cam only netted 220whp? I have just a 212/212 112lsa .525 lift cam and made 218rwhp in my 2000 Firebird while only pulling it to the 4800rpm fuel cutoff in third gear. Perhaps I should rethink adding heads to my car......

·
Registered
124 Posts
just a random thought, maybe someone can answer this: does a high stall convertor still get flash? i know stock ones do which makes the dyno read too high for what its actually pulling. anyone know?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts