3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Like the title says, i went to get my 99GT dynoed, so far i have a gt1 cam, headers, FWI, exhaust, DHP, TB,adj. timing, AFC. I dynoed at 209.3whp
i will have the chart up when i can, im a little dissapointed, because i have adjustable timing, with up to 6 degree's advance and i didnt get the chance to use it, plus at the time my car was horribly tuned, and i was running lean on the bottom end and pig rich up top, not to mention the car was ran on the dyno about 20 times in a row and im serious it was exactly 20 runs( long story, dont ask :mad: ) and didnt even get a good chance to cool down between runs, i think with letting it cool, added timing and good tune i should be able to get another 10-15whp out of her if not a little more :D hopfully

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i forgot to add HVII to that mod list, my torque wasnt so great but then again torque readings arent that accurate, especially with converter flash

·
Registered
33 Posts
i have a ? for a newbie, now if i get that mini AFC thing how hard is it to use for someoen who has no idea what he's doing if i were to buy it

8-Ur-Honda said:
Like the title says, i went to get my 99GT dynoed, so far i have a gt1 cam, headers, FWI, exhaust, DHP, TB,adj. timing, AFC. I dynoed at 209.3whp
i will have the chart up when i can, im a little dissapointed, because i have adjustable timing, with up to 6 degree's advance and i didnt get the chance to use it, plus at the time my car was horribly tuned, and i was running lean on the bottom end and pig rich up top, not to mention the car was ran on the dyno about 20 times in a row( long story, dont ask :mad: ) and didnt even get a good chance to cool down between runs, i think with letting it cool, added timing and good tune i should be able to get another 10-15whp out of her if not a little more :D hopfully

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its not that hard to use but you will need to buy a scanner in use it properly and accurately, So thats why i bought an LS1m at www.Ls1m.com
also dont waste money on the AFC 1.1 just spend the extra money and get the AFC 2.0

·
Registered
127 Posts
Considering the conditions of your car during the dyno runs... I have to say I am impressed with the whp. Gives me an idea on how much I was making when I was NA with the similar mods. What TB did you have at the time? Also, anyway you could post your dyno and logs of these dyno runs? I want to compare those to mine when I was NA to get an idea.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Timberwarp said:
Considering the conditions of your car during the dyno runs... I have to say I am impressed with the whp. Gives me an idea on how much I was making when I was NA with the similar mods. What TB did you have at the time? Also, anyway you could post your dyno and logs of these dyno runs? I want to compare those to mine when I was NA to get an idea.
I was actually running a stage 1 TB, i will get the dyno logs as soon as i can , which will hopefully be soon

·
Banned
165 Posts
Tony,

I would like to see your dyno graph if you don't mind.

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Yes Tony
Please put up your dyno Chart. Also, my offer still stands. I will come up if you want to when you go back to the dyno and tune your car.

Lee

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Timberwarp said:
Also another question, do you have any track times with those mods? I definitely want to compare notes. [:D]
hahahhah thats a long funny story about why i DON'T have track times, GP PIMP can agree with me on that, but no unfortunately i was not able to make it to the track when i had these mods installed, but i think it should be anyway from mid to low 14's hopefully. on a track that has good traction, and nice race weather, i think its doable

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
GP_Pimp said:
Yes Tony
Please put up your dyno Chart. Also, my offer still stands. I will come up if you want to when you go back to the dyno and tune your car.

Lee
\

and i will take that offer for help tuning the car because certain people at hi-tech, arent the best listeners ill give ya two guesses starts with B and ends T, you can ask littlejon what im talking about,

·
Registered
651 Posts
I agree. With the conditions you are listing, that is a really good # to be putting down. Id guess Low 14s if you were to take it to the track.

I know the torque numbers arent accurate, but I still wanna know what they were. Im hopfully gonna dyno soon as well, and I want to see the difference.

·
Banned
203 Posts
Good stuff. I'm going to go back to the dyno now that I took out the HVII and see what i can put down. My tq when I dyno'd back in august was around 213. When I dyno'd it stock, it was 215. I think last year when I had rockers I put down 171 hp and like 225 tq.

I really think I can put down around 215 if not a little more considering I won't have my 18's on and I took out the hvii. We'll see.

But yeah, I'd like to see the graph too :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Fish said:
I agree. With the conditions you are listing, that is a really good # to be putting down. Id guess Low 14s if you were to take it to the track.

I know the torque numbers arent accurate, but I still wanna know what they were. Im hopfully gonna dyno soon as well, and I want to see the difference.
well as far as torque when i dynoed last summer the graph showed 245wtq but that was around 2000-2500 rpm which i believe torque readings that low is just converter flash, but this last time i went i didnt pay too much attention to it, but at around 4200 rpm torque is right around 209-210, but as far as the chart goes im working on it and hopefully have it up at the latest this weekend, i dont have access to a scanner till i go to my parents house.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Buck531 said:
Good stuff. I'm going to go back to the dyno now that I took out the HVII and see what i can put down. My tq when I dyno'd back in august was around 213. When I dyno'd it stock, it was 215. I think last year when I had rockers I put down 171 hp and like 225 tq.

I really think I can put down around 215 if not a little more considering I won't have my 18's on and I took out the hvii. We'll see.

But yeah, I'd like to see the graph too :D
i wish you luck on hitting 215, i know its not easy getting decent whp out our N/A cars without going forced induction

·
Registered
104 Posts
Congrats Tony,

Glad to see everything is finally starting to pan out, if you do need some help in the mean time tuning on the street let me know. Beyond that I may have to shoot out to Hi-tech with you and stumpy next time to see this thing run on the dyno if thats cool.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
mcshocks said:
Congrats Tony,

Glad to see everything is finally starting to pan out, if you do need some help in the mean time tuning on the street let me know. Beyond that I may have to shoot out to Hi-tech with you and stumpy next time to see this thing run on the dyno if thats cool.
i dont have a problem with that, :cool:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts