3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I weighed the GTP yesterday. 3620lbs with me in it.I think its time for it to go on a diet.

I took out the AC, my trunk is completely empty, no carpet or anything (in the trunk), and a bunch of other little things I cant even think of. What else can you remove to shed some pounds.

Also what are other peoples race weights, daily driving weights or whatever.
Just curious how much weight these cars can actually loose.

Thanks alot

Scott

·
Registered
84 Posts
Your car weighs 3620 w/ you in it, after removing the AC and all that other stuff?

Are you a big dood?

I go 2Fitty.

Jenay's weight 3650 w/ me in it at the track, only weight reduction was low gas, spare / jack removed, headlight out, floormats and other interior junk out (all 5 seats were still in the car).

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
ZR2_S10 said:
Are you a big dood?

Actually no. I go about 180-185 depending on the day. My car is just a fat ass.

I also had about 1/4 tank of gas, and for the most part my interior was all there. I also had my 18's on at the time too. Im curious to see how much more they weigh than the stock 16's.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well, if you had a 1/4 tank, thats probably around 4 gallons (32 pounds), 18's (probably 10 pounds more each = 40 lbs) that would put you right around what Jenay's weighed w/ torquestars, rsas on back, nittos up front, and less than 1 gallon of gas.

Hers was exactly 3400 without me in it at Norwalk.

·
Registered
174 Posts
i weighed my car with me 285, full tank of gas, spare, big sub box and a whole bunch of other crap, and it was 3806, wow

Its under control now, only about 3600

·
Registered
33 Posts
i took all the isulation off behind the seat, cruise control module under the hood. you can take off the bumper supports, side engine braces, STB, isulation under the rear deck

there is alot of stuff and it all ads up

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Take out your seats. those weight alot. cat back also.

·
Registered
174 Posts
scotts99gtp said:
Doug, what did you do to ditch 200 lbs?

Does anyone know what some of the "Big Dogs" cars weigh?

I just cleaned the car out, took the spare/jack out, took my sub box out, I just had a ton of **** in the back seat, text books, backpack, piles of paper some tools, Its amazin how much little stuff adds up

lesson of the story, keep your damn car clean

·
Registered
484 Posts
How much do you guys think this VVVV heavyweight ways with me (155 lbs), 5 gallons fuel, gutted trunk, no rear seat, no rear dash cover, and no head rest's weighs? Oh, and no floormats.
How's under 3600 sound? It's a Bonneville. :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
GoldmemberBonneville said:
How much do you guys think this VVVV heavyweight ways with me (155 lbs), 5 gallons fuel, gutted trunk, no rear seat, no rear dash cover, and no head rest's weighs? Oh, and no floormats.
How's under 3600 sound? It's a Bonneville. :D

Thats all you did for weight reduction? Seems that perhaps there is a few people around that think the bonneville's weigh alot more than they really do.

Jason

·
Registered
84 Posts
so 4140 - 280 = 3860

thats still only 200lbs more than the prix. I guess I just dont consider that a lot of weight.

Take for example the Marauder. Thats a 4100lb car, as it sits on the showroom floor, now thats heavy.

Jason

·
Registered
243 Posts
Stock Weight

Does anyone know how much the Monte Carlo SS weigh, stock? Without any track prep weight reduction. A gallon of gas weighs about 8lbs so I can figure out the +/- depending on how much fuel is in it. But how much form the factory? without my scrawny a** in it.
Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
I weighed my GTP yesterday with spare/jack removed, 3/4 tank of gas, and with me in it... (155ish lbs..)

3670lbs....

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I have a 2 dr. 97 GTP, me in it(150lbs) along with spair, tool kits, full tank of gas, everything pretty much and it was only 3300lbs.

·
Banned
203 Posts
I weighed my LTZ and it was at 3500 with me in it (I'm 300 :eek: ).

I took out the passenger seat, rear seats, spare tire/jack, speakers box (55 lbs), door panels, rear speaker cover/insulation. I think that was it. I'm guessing i had about 3 gallons of gas too.

·
Registered
346 Posts
FWIW, my car weighs 3585 in race mode with me in it. This was weighed on the return road at Norwalk about a month ago. I'll be pulling some crap off this winter. I need to, I'm tired of handicapping myself to ~500 lbs over most of the cars around me. Yes, I'm a dumb-ass.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
johnt said:
FWIW, my car weighs 3585 in race mode with me in it. This was weighed on the return road at Norwalk about a month ago. I'll be pulling some crap off this winter. I need to, I'm tired of handicapping myself to ~500 lbs over most of the cars around me. Yes, I'm a dumb-ass.

What did you do, and what do you plan on doing to shed some pounds?

Scott

·
Registered
381 Posts
k0bun said:
A gallon of gas weighs about 8lbs so I can figure out the +/- depending on how much fuel is in it. Thanks
Depends on the API gravity of the gasoline, which varies by grade and refinery. Usually, regular unleaded gasoline has a gravity of around 58 and a weight per gallon of 6.216 pounds per gallon. Premium gasoline may have a gravity of 54, or 6.350 pounds per gallon.

Also. the typical weight of gasoline at 72 degrees F was around 6.25# per gallon.
As it became cooler it became more dense and thus weighed more and above this
temperature it was less dense and a gallon weighed less.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts