3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently am running the VS cam. I like the cam, just want something a little bigger lobe to it. If at all possible I would also like to keep my stock heads for now. Right now I dont have the money to be ported out my heads. So, I was curious what my options are. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
If you wnat to keep your stock heads and want a bigger lope, Intense S1X. Its got a little bit more lope than the VS cam. Since you are wanting to keep your stock heads, that is yoru limiting factor in a more lopy cam.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what is the big difference between the 2 cams? Will I notice much of a difference?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
i dont knwo teh exact specs but i dont think they are that far off from each other. i dont knwo how much difference you will see if you switched. Mine is a bit more lopy cause i have a freeier exhaust. 3"DP, no cat, 3" cat back

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you're going to take a step up go to the biggest cam you can run on stock heads. I mean, why not as long as you've got the supporting valvetrain?
Go XP. I love mine.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I don't think a cam swap is your best performance option if you're going to stick with stock heads...there really isn't a cam out there that will make it worth the money to swap.

Go for an intercooler or power adder upgrade...or save up for heads and a real cam. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
i would also say to shop around and see if you can find custom grinds. going behind the site sponsor is probably a big no-no, but texas speed set me up with a custom grind with comparable specs to the s1x but just a touch more duration. i'm waiting to install it right now, and the price was comparable to "cookie cutter" grinds available.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts