3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a little 07 Pontiac g5 that has the 2.2l in it. Week that motor is locked up. It has been for 4 years now. The car has just been sitting in the same spot for those years. I was just going to put a motor in it and sell it, but then I got to thinking. My first thought was an LS. But then I thought about either a supercharged series 2 or 3. I'm sure I'd need a little custom fabrication and a few parts I probably haven't thought of, but I'm just curious as to what I am potentially getting into in doing this.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
it would be cool as hell but thats a small bay, it'd be a whole lotta work stuffing any V layout engine in there, plus they offered a couple boosted four bangers that make your choice of wooshy or whiney noises and they fit and have potential as well

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah man I figure it'd be pretty bad ass. Like I said, my first thought was an LS, but seeing as the car is already FWD and auto, the supercharged 3.8 seemed like a good choice. Idk, may just throw a motor in it and sell it. Really would like to do the swap, but I'll be doing it alone.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
to be honest i'd toss an engine into it, clean it up, and sell it.... but thats me, its not that i dont like cobalts its just that there seem to be better options for that car like the LNF and LSJ, a 3.8 would make it understeer so badly and it'd be such a pain to work on after the immense work to make everything fit

·
Registered
873 Posts
Before i would do that I would just do a V6 swap and turbo.
The G5's came with a 3500 option didn't they?
Physically the 3.5/3.9's are the same pretty much,just more bore or stroke.
Grab a harness/bcm from a G5 with v6 and drop in a 3900,then turbo it.
Alot less money and fab time prob,just buy wrecked car and scrap when you're done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts