3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has ran into a problem at a dealership or if anyone knows if lets say a thrasher CAI would void a warranty in any way??
Car is going in the shop this week and I cant wait any longer to drive it.. Ive been driving a 2001 grand am 4 banger...

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Depends on your dealership. If its a concern or they refuse to work on it cause of the CAI, then either find another dealer that will work on yoru car or swap back in the stock airbox for dealer visits.

·
Registered
139 Posts
JimboGTP99 said:
Just wondering if anyone has ran into a problem at a dealership or if anyone knows if lets say a thrasher CAI would void a warranty in any way??
Car is going in the shop this week and I cant wait any longer to drive it.. Ive been driving a 2001 grand am 4 banger...

i used to have a link for it but i can't find it.

The link quotes part of the law which basically states that the dealership cannot refuse to do under warrenty repairs because of the modifications. i'll look again later tonight for the link. Not to say that a dealer will not give you a big hassel or try to get out of the repair, but legally it can't stop you.

and it's only an air intake if your really worried just replace it takes 15 minutes tops.

good luck!

oh and this is my 1st post!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NismoMaxima said:
i used to have a link for it but i can't find it.

The link quotes part of the law which basically states that the dealership cannot refuse to do under warrenty repairs because of the modifications. i'll look again later tonight for the link. Not to say that a dealer will not give you a big hassel or try to get out of the repair, but legally it can't stop you.

and it's only an air intake if your really worried just replace it takes 15 minutes tops.

good luck!

oh and this is my 1st post!
Im not really worried about the intake I was just curious. The MPS worried me the most but its comming off today. Hopefully I can get back into my car ASAP.. Going from forced induction to four banger. Driving a 2001 grand am..

·
Registered
12 Posts
There's been a problem with oiled cotton fibers on the MAF. Dealers are refusing some repairs if the fibers are apparent on the MAF. K&N type filters have caused Nissan to void some warranty repairs and Moss-Magnusson can't help at all.

Dave

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Just be careful when you reoil them as to not oil them too much

·
Registered
211 Posts
Merc said:
Depends on your dealership. If its a concern or they refuse to work on it cause of the CAI, then either find another dealer that will work on yoru car or swap back in the stock airbox for dealer visits.
I kept my stock in case I have to swap back. I have 1.5 years left on the warranty. At that time, the stock one is history!

·
Registered
73 Posts
The Magnusan Moss Act states that an aftermarket part can be used instead of a stock part and not void warranty. It does not cover upgraded parts. It's kinda like if you put a 3.8 pulley on your car that is not a stock 3.8 the you would be covered. But if you put a 3.4 and you break something then the dealer can refuse to fix if they can prove that the mod caused the damage.
Tate

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I think that is the gray area/loop hole in the act. You can say its a replacement part and a dealership can say its a modded part.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts