3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a short video showing how I cut open a stock lower mount (hydraulic) and prepared a DIY "poly" one with 3M Windo-Weld urethane. I also show the details about my re-inforced stock transmission mount (you can do similar work on a hydraulic version).

Not a perfect solution, but it's been done before and better than having nothing on the market as an upgrade lately.

Comment on the video if you want viewers to know any other solutions you've done.

Reactions: wesrb

·
Super Moderator
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Welcome to the forum. What inspired you to join a 3800 forum 2 days ago with your BMW avatar? It totally doesn't seem like a bot made a generic, vague reply...

(since it bumped the post back up, I'll bite...)
That's pretty inherent in the idea of "DIY" for anything. Target audience is people who work on their own stuff and want to try making improvements to stock parts with minimal cost coupled with a little extra effort.

Sidenote: this may or may not be the best way to get to a better mount besides a full poly one, but it's still in the car and taking a beating decently. Might replace it later, but I'm happier than if it was another hydraulic-filled one marketed as "solid" by parts companies who don't expect you to shake it and hear fluid.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts