3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hope this is the right forum, i didn't see one for suspension. anyways, when i am going wot when i approach about 65 mph there is a very bad vibration, present when not accelerating as well. however it does seem to be amplified if i am on the gas. now i can also feel a vibration very similar to this one, when turning. it seems to be worse turning left then turning right. i have also noticed under braking a pulsing in the brake pedal. the vibration was present before the pulsing under braking. i just think they are probably related, the vibration came first, then about 2-3 weeks later, the pulsing in the pedal. any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I got the same thing, I think it has something to do with the tie rod, not the outer end but the tie rod itself.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i know it can be any number of a bunch of things, one guy told me my power steering rack is going out, he said he saw fluid leaking at the front passenger side tire and i know i was low on power steering fluid at one point. i don't think a power steering rack going out would cause a vibration. my plan is to replace the tires and do an alignment to see if that fixes it. but if not i am curious what i should be looking for next.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
When yo have the alignment done, you will know right away if its the tie rods. I just had my outters replaced over the weekend when i got an alignment.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks big jeff its going in next wed for new front tires, and all 4 tire alignment. if that doesn't fix it i'm gonna make the shop find the problem. (i need the tires and alignment anyway, so might as well start there)

·
Registered
354 Posts
tie rods

jack the front of your car up off the ground and see if theres any play in you r tie rods simply by trying to move the wheel back and forth the same direction as if you where turning, if theres a slight amount of play its the tie rod and for what its worth i would replace both inner and outer plus doing an alignment, cheaper than new tires unless you need tires of course, i know i had the same problem with my 2000 bonneville, new tie rods, alignment, drives like a new car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts