3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I live in the US, and I have an M90 from a Commodore that I've put on a Toyota 1UZ. I'm getting close to being able to start up for the first time, but I'm going to have a massive vacuum leak unless I can find a solution for this missing part.

I have been scouring the internet and I cannot for the life of me find any information about this little vacuum tree that the guy is holding in this picture I found on the forums here. I can't find the official name, part number, used or new prices, anything.

The US version of the M90 did not have this little vacuum tree, it only had the vacuum fitting that went on the top with the two bolts. So while there are tons of M90s sitting around in junkyards, none of them have this part.

My question is, does anyone have any information about this little thing? A part number, a used one I can buy, or an aftermarket solution, anything?

Thanks!
Gas Auto part Nut Machine Nickel

·
Administrator
1,249 Posts
Those were on 95-97 M90's before they were blocked in the case and routed to the vac line that runs around the lower intake (for MAP, fuel regulator, and bypass solenoid<-unnecessary).

For some, I have used an NPT tap (tapered pipe thread) to install a clean brass or stainless plug in that spot. I forget if 1/4 or 3/8 pipe is the close size that works.

Routing vac lines can be a good way to know what the air is doing, and also cleanup the looks while doing it. I've capped off the top tree sometimes, and sourced that same air from the TB adapter, similar to where EVAP connects. Lots of things to think about, including PCV paths, if you use it or want to properly block it for a breather to avoid vac leak issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Since I've already got my FPR and VSV vacuum sources accounted for as well as a vacuum source for the supercharger bypass actuator, It sounds like I can maybe just plug that hole with something and call it a day. I'll check out doing an NPT tap and see how that goes!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts