3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Just got a kit car recently and the chassis is a 88 Fiero. However, I’m not sure which engine and transmission I have. Was told it’s the 3800 series, I have a few pics that may help us get a better guess?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
That's difficult to tell..... not enough to see tell. It appears to have a GM alternator. That would make me think it's a 2.8 or 3.1 GM v6.....Possibly a 3.4 also. Maybe pull the plastic shrouds off and take a few more pics. If possible, take a few pics from the under side also..... Jake

PS, I don't think a 3800 would fit..... BUT, more pics can help

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Still can't say for sure what engine it is. One of the pics shows a DOUBLE OVER CAM valve cover. The only double overhead gm V6's were in later model SUV's and a few cars. Like the 3.6 liter V6. Other than that, I can say for sure.. Jake

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Is is the ShortStar 3.5L v6? The 6 cyl NorthStar Olds used?

Please post some high resolution photos, these are so small and low res we can't tell hardly a thing.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
3.4L X engine

·
Registered
1 Posts
For me, it's not very clear to understand what engine is there. But from my point of view, it's a 3.4 V8. It's a very great engine that won't give you headaches. It all depends on how the guys from there installed it. You should visit a mechanic to check it and to see if it's in good condition. Last month in London, I saw a similar engine, but it looked so fresh and good. I saw it at a car museum that I found on A tour through British motoring history. I was very delighted to spend time there because I am a huge car lover and saw fascinating engines and old retro cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts