3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know what cam this could be, i have done a few google searches and found nothing. I bought the engine awhile back for rebuild and noticed it had some zzp parts on it and pulled this cam out of it. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
647 Posts
Dig through some of my old posts related to this (someone posted a similar question, and we had a few pics of examples). I'm in a car on a work trip, or I'd be more willing to look.

·
Super Moderator
647 Posts
Now that I looked it up via the post I mentioned, which was linked below from 7mo ago, it's probably a GT2 cam. I say that based on the 111 LSA marking and equal markings on intake/exhaust lift (not quite sure how it converts, but appears the same way in VS, X-P, etc. cam markings).
Cam Not sure what I have here

If anyone has more than that to go in, feel free to add. You can also try measuring it with calipers, if you want some more to base it off of, or a machine/engine shop can give exact numbers.

·
Registered
1998 GTP coupe. All stock and rust free. That will change soon.
64 Posts
send the photo to comp cams and see if they can identify it?

·
Super Moderator
647 Posts
Good note. I used a Comp Cam catalog to ID the lobe markings, based on this article:

Catalog page:

Those 3303's correspond closest with the ZZP GT2's advertised lift and duration. There's a 0.001" difference in lift, but it might've been an older version or slightly custom.

You can see the specs of basically all the cams that were on the market for a long time, here:

I'd slap it in some mild N/A rebuild with some spare LS6 springs/retainers and an HV3, and send it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts