3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
1,472 Posts
Thought there was an old post on here with the list, but it's reposted on a few other old forums frequented by guys years ago...

This one matches the numbers from the GM Service Manuals (I can provide screenshots for a small pizza fee, if you need warm fuzzies):

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thought there was an old post on here with the list, but it's reposted on a few other old forums frequented by guys years ago...

This one matches the numbers from the GM Service Manuals (I can provide screenshots for a small pizza fee, if you need warm fuzzies):
🍕 here ya go. I'll pass on the warm fuzzies though 😕
Thanks for the link. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Since I'm removing the UIM, LIM, timing cover, any other gaskets or anything else I should do while I'm in there??
Thanks again. 😊

·
Administrator
1,472 Posts
Just be sure to put a glob of RTV at the corners of the LIM gaskets, and back-bottom corners of the front cover where the block meets the oil pan gasket (also, 3 oil pan bolts go up into front cover).

I'd honestly plug the coolant o-rings, ports the side coolant passage behind the little cover under the TV, block and/or delete EGR (capping tubes at exhaust end does enough), and swap to aluminum elbows as you prep for re-install.

Most cam install videos and write-ups have many of the steps and nuances discussed. Skim around and watch a couple until it feels like repetitive info you're comfortable anticipating.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts