3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2001 gtp .have 3.4 pulley no u bent car runs strong. Am I hurting it by not putting on a u bent pipe.Will I fell the diference with a u bent.THANKS RON.

·
Registered
441 Posts
The danger is detonation and engine damage, You may get some boost stacking which will add heat, and KR with result. This will actualy reduce your power output.
KR (knock retard) is really your main protection against detonation, and happens when you are generaly in danger of getting detonation. Avoid it.

The U-bend has been dynoed at about 5-6 HP, and you can feel the difference. Anouther bonus is that your gas milage will go up about 2-3 MPG on the highway with the U-bend gone.

·
Registered
238 Posts
scotts99gtp said:
Ditch the u-bend and the resonator.

Scott
i agree get rid of the u-bend, its one of the most restrictive parts of the exhaust apart from the downpipe, and as you increase the power in your car the more restrictive it will become, for example i have a 99GT, when i just had headers, intake, and cat-back, i obviously didnt realize how restrictive it was untill i had a cam installed. At first my car seems extremely slow on the low end, and up top still pulled without losing power but the car still seemed slow for having a cam, i then replaced the stock cat and ubend with a hi-flow cat and cutout, and all i can say is damn, it was a night and day difference, after that the car felt stronger everywhere, no more laggy bottom end and the top end was great, point is the ubend most go especially if you plan on going farther with your car.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ditto on ditch the u-bend ,the more you mod your car and the more HP you make the more apparent it will become.

·
Registered
58 Posts
chico said:
Ditto on ditch the u-bend ,the more you mod your car and the more HP you make the more apparent it will become.
removing the u-bend+ res, and adding a 3" DP dropped my quarter times from 14.5 to 13.8, and added near 6mph... I also added a WP UD pulley, but that barely makes a diff.

I'd say it's worth it. :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts