3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
1,218 Posts
Look up the guys who did the up side down M90 build recently for an example of ridiculous wasted effort for inefficient results, yet respectable work input.

If you want, go buy the Mace Air to Air intercooler plate for an outlet. It is the worst way to route a positive displacement blower, since they need to pack air in the volume below them to create pressure... Hence our short path to the LIM and heads after the M90, and majority of roots blowers intercooled with sandwiched plates or short paths with cores inside, like LSA/LS9 lids.

Font Auto part Metal Automotive wheel system Carmine

90's Thunderbird Supercoupes had something similar for their Eatons, and you hear all the crickets from how those performed.

Enjoy.

·
Administrator
1,218 Posts
Jdredd has been having issues with TEP Dave, from what I heard recently. I guess the rebuild on his turdblo racecar turned into long term storage, and not sure what the JonBob's car's status is now.

As for trying to use PD blowers to boost large volumes of air, that's why guys with Air-Air setups on them (Aussies with Mace kits, Thunderbird SC's, upside-down man, etc.) need to spin them to the moon with tiny pulleys to get any performance bump, making plasma from the outlet while trying to do so.

Reactions: Quick86

·
Administrator
1,218 Posts
You could do what I may do for kicks, and ease off the perpetual reaching for max effort, and start doing different build config's for the challenge and such... turbo with different cam setups, different gearing, blower with different IC and cam combos, etc.

Maybe I've been staring at my inventory of 3800 mods too long, and just want to have fun with what's in the collection. Saves some money rather than going out to build the same turbo/TH400/6.0LS in a Fox/SN95 or G/Fbody, etc. to have the same "experience everyone else has now... and for 3x the price of playing with the toys I already have. I'm sure I'll get into something with more pep later, but it's still entertaining to me with these for now.

·
Administrator
1,218 Posts
For low end, shortening the charge length with Air-Water, converter changes (for my auto), and longer runners in the Holden seemed to make it non-existent.

·
Administrator
1,218 Posts
I know ZZP has some timing cuts in their pocket that isn't openly shared. Granted, you can somewhat figure this out yourself, but our PCM's aren't too flexible for that. Adding a 2-step module (not sure if we can with our specific setups) or buying a $1K+ aftermarket stand-alone with those options are all I can think of off-hand.

Reactions: Quick86
1 - 5 of 5 Posts