3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some questions I am hoping y'all might be able to help me with that did not quite fit in one specific category. I own a 07 grand prix 3.8 that has the Eaton M90 supercharger in it. My goal is to make it twin charged by adding a turbo to it and keeping the supercharger in its stock location. I have worked on cars and have a good well-rounded knowledge about mine. I understand that I will need to make additional upgrades such as a higher performance fuel pump, injectors, intercooler, and a better transmission; but is there anything else that is a necessary upgrade in order for my car to continue to run well? Also, where do you recommend getting a tune done after I finish my build? I want to make sure I do this the correct way as I begin planning everything out. Thanks!

Super Moderator
Please do some searches regarding that topic, especially here. This will result in a discussion by a member about a decade ago talking about how he did it as a novelty, then removed the supercharger restriction to make more overall power.

Based on your post, I hope you enjoy buying your first significant upgrades, and go from there. The building blocks usually help you determine your need or care to spend more time/money for harder and harder gains in this platform. Also, transmission parts to handle higher power have become quite rare, especially chains and differentials, which are 2 major weak points as you abuse it at those levels.

馃嵖

Reactions: RodeoKing21

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate it thank you. I have tried doing some other research, but hadn't has much luck aside from running twin turbos. That is why I figured I'd reach out on here to see if anyone had any more knowledge to offer.

Registered
Here's the forum I stumbled upon when I initially wanted to run a twin charge setup, maybe it could be of use to you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts