3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, hopefully somebody will be able to help me with this. So i got a 2007 Pontiac Grand prix. about a month ago i was driving along when BOOM, heads up display said "reducing engine power" and the vehicle shut off right in the middle of the road and would not turn on. managed to tow it back, and with further investigation, after replacing the ignition coil computer located underneath the ignition coils, i found my ignition relay had burnt out. after replacing that the car ran fine.

Until recently when the same exact problem happened again (on the same spot of road too lol) this time all my relays were burnt out and after once again replacing the relays and the computer, the car does not start, turns over but no start.

so far i have tried replacing the throttle body, and MAF, teasing it and calling it names, to no luck. Engine codes that come up are...
P0496
P0030
P0036
P0201,2,3,4,5,6
P0442
P0443
P0107

If anyone knows of any solutions, or really anything would be great!

·
Administrator
1,472 Posts
You have a short somewhere that's going to be a pain to trace. Just went thru a version of this on another car, and it took lots of time and troubleshooting to get all the way to the root while not going overboard on replacing more than what was actually messed up.

You may get lucky and have an easier solution available, but it's not for the weak of heart.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! so because you brought that up i decided to start with the relays and fuse box as that's where the short might be, and in further investigation i found that two terminals on my starter relay was loose. after swapping the fuse box from another in the wreckers, car started and drove just fine. must have been arcing on the inside or something cant seem to get the box apart to really see, regardless it runs now, and ill have to keep a close eye on the fuses to see if the problem was entirely the fuse box or not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts