3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to run a turbo, I understand that their are many modifications/upgrades that I must do before I install

What is required to have upgraded before installing a turbo kit?

I own a 1995 Buick Park Avenue N/A

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
With that transmission I am not sure I'd try to add a blower, some will do a top end swap and not have problems, but with that transmission IMO you are asking for it to fail if you add a blower.
I am not an expert on this subject though, I am sure somebody will chime in and help you ASAP.

·
Registered
44 Posts
What is needed is all going to depend on what you currently have and where you want to take it. You will more than likely need a new fuel pump. The one you have will only be good to a certain point and then you will max it out. One way to slightly combat this would be to build a fuel pump hotwire kit that will connect it directly to the battery. This will allow it to keep constant pressure without voltage drops, but it is only a band-aid and will not completely fix the problem. Your best bet would be to do both a hotwire kit and fuel pump.

Making sure the engine is up to snuff. Are their any leaks, sensor issues, etc.? Once you go FI any little item is going to be compounded. Are your coil packs working properly, do you have good compression in each cylinder? Making sure your engine is running like a top before trying to force more air and fuel into it.

As mentioned the 4T60E you are working with is not the strongest in the world and depending on where you take it you will need to upgrade some parts on it. A good quality transmission cooler, etc. With this you can run it till you blow it or you could plan ahead.

After that it is all turbo parts and that opens up a whole new can of worms.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both of you guys this info is gonna help a lot, as of now the Park Ave. is bone stock, I wanta know what I would want to do when starting from the bottom.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts