3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2000 y87 A4 Camaro with biasic mods liek intake and exhaust. My bud is gonna give me a t3 garret turbo if i can use it but i heard u cant get manifold for my car. so can i get one made? how difficult and how much will i have to spend. also my car has 72k miles on it can i run the turbo or rebuild my motor and can my stock motor handle the turbo.

Also do u know of good places to install the intercooler. thanks guys i ma newbie, proud member of camarov6.com.. (IfuDoFeelComfortable)

·
Registered
13 Posts
What australian car are you refering to that would have forward swept turbo manifolds?
Shane

·
Registered
174 Posts
any compontent exhaust shop should be able to fab up a crossover from one manifold bank to the other, have them look at the grand national style crossovers

·
Registered
13 Posts
well on my FFF kit, it has a y-pipe that comes forward to the turbo but its alot of piping and it poses ground clearance issues for us. You can see what Im talking about on my cardomain page
www.cardomain.com/id/snatch454
Shane

·
Registered
713 Posts
snatchss454 said:
What australian car are you refering to that would have forward swept turbo manifolds?
Shane

Their is a company called "Forced Induction Technologies" (F.I.T.)

They are making turbo manifolds that are forward swept to a single turbo set up to suit a L67 in a Holden VT Commodore.

Find them at www.v6supercharged.com.au

Mined you with your steering on the opposite side to ours I think there might be to many clearance issues here to overcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
OZ38 said:
Their is a company called "Forced Induction Technologies" (F.I.T.)

They are making turbo manifolds that are forward swept to a single turbo set up to suit a L67 in a Holden VT Commodore.

Find them at www.v6supercharged.com.au

Mined you with your steering on the opposite side to ours I think there might be to many clearance issues here to overcome.
$1350 :eek:

Those are created for the boys across the pond. Like OZ38, there will probably be problem with clearance on our cars.

·
Registered
713 Posts
RichardC said:
$1350 :eek:

Those are created for the boys across the pond. Like OZ38, there will probably be problem with clearance on our cars.
Yes that is true, also remember those dollars are OZ not American. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
The guy who did my headers said he could make set for around $1000ish, maybe less. For pictures go to my website www.cardomain.com/id/njp98 . They are forward swept and coated stainless steel, using burns stainless merge collectors (much better flow) , all TIG welded. They will fit the RWD F-body 3.8s. Power stearing was relocated, but its not that hard to do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
njp98 said:
The guy who did my headers said he could make set for around $1000ish, maybe less. For pictures go to my website www.cardomain.com/id/njp98 . They are forward swept and coated stainless steel, using burns stainless merge collectors (much better flow) , all TIG welded. They will fit the RWD F-body 3.8s. Power stearing was relocated, but its not that hard to do.
What size are your primaries and the pipe from the headers to the turbo?

·
Registered
26 Posts
njp98 said:
Do you know where I could buy those collectors? I cant find any nice ones anywhere. Do they make them in normal steel?

I am also curious about the primaries, I am looking for 1 5/8 collectors.

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nevermind, I found the website. :) Those collectors are f'n sweet, just a little outta my pricerange though.

That 1000 bucks sounds like a great deal. Your setup is by far the nicest I have seen on an fbody. I just wish they would fit in my truck. :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
I personally know the guy who makes these and we can set them up any way you would like. My headers have all the bell whistles (stainless steel, coating, etc.) but we can set them up for less. Any questions, just post or give me an e-mail.

·
Registered
11 Posts
how much did you spend total for your setup and how well does it run?

·
Registered
5 Posts
4000 for parts
-turbo, wastegate, bov, S-FMU, HP Tuners, HKS Turbo Timer, APEXi elec. boost controler, Gauges (a/f , fuel pr. , boost, 3 pod pillar), M250 wideband setup and autometer converter box, msd dis-4 CUI's Coil Packs , Taylor Wires, walbro 255 HP pump , lucas fuel injectors , (probably alot i'm forgeting, *note: things listed on the site arent included in this such as wheels and tires , exhaust system , etc.)

1000 for piping (this includes stainless, aluminum, neccessary bends, accessories, misc. )

2000 labor (all welding , piping fitting, custom stainless airbox,custom brackets, polishing of intake piping, wiring of electronics, etc.)

300 coatings (cerma-chrome (on stainless) , flat black (on exhaust housing) )

500 misc. (hosing, fittings, etc.

How does it run? Awesome. :D I dropped alot on this project and there is much to go, but I am very pleased. The tracks are all closed around here for 1/4 mile and I don't have access to a G - Tech. I can say though with only 5.5psi (what i'm running now) I've been able to achieve 5sec. flat 0-60 time effortlessly on Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's and thats without any computer tuning to speak of (only injector program to compensate for the 42lbers) )and with the APEXi boost controler. It idles like it was new and on the highway has good fuel economy when cruising at 75mph. When you get on it however there is virtually no lag to speak of the turbo needs a little nudge of throttle and she spools nicely. The "power under the right foot" and "seat of the pants" feel is awesome.

The kit I have has alot of money into "goodies" it could be done for much less. My speed shop is willing to make the headers or the full kit (however you would like it) we're open to anything.

If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey NJP98, i sent you a message but never got an answer. What is the name of the shop that made the kit for you and do you have a number or someway I can contact them? I am VERY INTERESTED in this kit, but i need to talk to the shop or to you first. Hit me back and let me know whats up-

1 - 18 of 18 Posts