3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can any gains in performance be made from using the intense stage one turbo cam, without the turbo being installed yet

CAM-901 - INTENSE™ Stage 1X Turbo Cam, duration @ .050": 211º/204º, lobe lifts: .323"/.320", valve lifts with 1.60:1 rocker arms: .516"/.513", lobe separation angle: 116º, intake centerline: 110º

·
Registered
104 Posts
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if you picked up some performance from it, it is definitely not a perfect grind for a NA application in anyway but what are your final goals? Think ahead for what your plans are and not to what it will do for you now. A perfect example was I built a 8.0:1 compression short block with stage 2 heads and a stage 2 blower cam and ran it NA on a stock pcm :eek: . I scanned it and fueling was actually pretty dead on, took it to the track and it ran low 15's at 92mph. Needless to say it was a shock, but no one had tried it. If your planning on a turbo a proper cam will give you some nice gains, don't give yourself the short end of the stick in the end. Just some advice.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so your the one Lee and Jon were talking about, my goal in the end is to add a turbo kit, which one i still dont know yet, i plan on getting it whenever stattam starts shipping out, the problem is my cam install got FUBAR' ed when the cam bolt didnt turn into the cam all the way and now im sitting with a car half way apart and nothing to put in it, so i need a lot of answers and a cam, fast, as off yesterday

1 - 4 of 4 Posts